Chapter 20

Adrien groaned. Clawed hands reached to rub at his eyes, as he slowly sat up and opened them. His surroundings consisted of shadows and brick, along with the cold stone that he had been laying on.

There was a blur of red that zipped past his left, and he whipped his head to where it went. Across from him, beside chunks of debris and rubble, were two teens, both with bruises and cuts across their skin.

A quiet gasp escaped his lips at the sight, and he immediately moved forward to inspect them closer. However, he halted when Viperion snapped his head in his direction.

"Chaton..." Marinette whispered, staring at him with an expression of both exhaustion and happiness. "You're back."

"I- what, what happened?" Chat Noir asked, voice meek as the pinned ears atop his head drooped.

Marinette winced, as she straightened her back in an attempt to stand. Luka wrapped an arm around her waist, and allowed her to hold onto him.

"You were akumatized," he informed, whilst gazing at Chat with worry in his tone. "Ladybug was able to save you, but had to go before her timer ran out."

He sucked in a breath. "I was- I was akumatized?"

The snake hero nodded, a solemn look on his face. He turned to the girl in his arms, and pulled a stray lock of hair behind one of her ears.

Adrien tried to ignore the weight in his chest at the gesture, and instead opened his mouth to speak. "Princess, d-did I do this?"

Instead of an answer, she lifted a hand to cup his cheek gently. Pink dusted his features as she said, "I know what you're going to say, Kitty, but this isn't your fault. None of it is. It's Hawk Moth's."

"But-"

"No," she cut him off with, vocals stern. "I don't want to hear any more arguments, okay?"

A finger booped his nose in a playful manner, causing him to lose focus and stutter out an agreement. Marinette chuckled at that.

There was a tickle at her shoulder blade, and she discreetly glanced there to see Tikki giving her neck a hug with tiny paws. Luckily, the tresses reaching down to her chest blocked the kwami from sight.

"We should get out of here," Luka advised. "It's already pretty late."

The designer nodded, and felt her vision tilt as Viperion stood up with her held protectively against him. He hesitated for a moment, then locked eyes with Chat whilst opening his mouth to talk.

"I'm going to take Marinette home. Would you like to come with us?"

Chat Noir bit his lip, before looking up to the moon showering them in a sliver of light from above. "I...I would love to, but...I have to go home myself. My father must be worried that I haven't returned yet."

Luka smiled in understanding. "That's okay," he said, while adjusting the one in his hold to be in a more secure position. "Just know that you can talk to us whenever you want, and Ladybug. It wouldn't be good to have another incident like this again."

"Of course! Ladybug! Is she okay?"

Marinette giggled, a slight flush on her cheeks. "She is, don't worry. She told us that she'd cast the Cure with a Lucky Charm as soon as possible."

"That's a relief," Adrien sighed, holding his heart to stop the fast beating. He tilted his head up, and strolled closer to the two. "Goodnight Viperion, Princess."

He raised her hand to place a sweet kiss on the palm of it, then proceeded to leap off with a smug grin and an extension of his baton.

~*~*~

"My parents think that I was at Chloe's."

Viperion plucked a few strings on his harp, and glanced up just as the notes from it drifted from the chaise to the entrance of the room.

Marinette shut the trapdoor, and sauntered over to sit beside him. Her skin was now soft and unmarked, apart from the freckles dotting her cheekbones. There was also a rosy hue on them, as her friend sent her a calming smile.

"That's good to hear," he enthused. "But won't they see the news of Chat Blanc and I? He did mention you quite a few times."

Marinette's eyes widened, and she froze for a moment before groaning in realisation. She leant into his chest out of embarrassment, making him simply chuckle and hug her tight.

"I'm such an idiot..."

He grabbed her chin, and slowly brought it up to his face. "You're not, my Melody. Trust me."

She blushed prettily, glancing down. "T-Thank you," she stuttered. "I- for everything, really. Without you, Lila would've still been ruling the class, and Chloe wouldn't have been my friend."

A yawn escaped her mouth, and she covered it up with a hand.

Luka smiled. "It was nothing, Melody," he assured. "And it's getting late. You don't want to be late for school tomorrow."

Marinette mumbled a curse, reaching to grab his hand. "Don't care," she muttered. "I just wanna stay here with my date..."

He blinked, processing her words. "D-Does that mean that you want to have a second one?"

She yawned again, but this time tried to stay awake as she stretched out her arms. "Of course I do, Luka. I'd love it if we did. I...I think there's a chance we could have something."

"Really?"

"Y-Yeah," she replied, rouge dusting her features. "My, my heart's been with Adrien for years, but...I started to move on from him ever since you were akumatized. It's taken me a while, and yet...I think I love you now."

"Me?" he breathed.

"Yes. At least, I think so, but...y-you see, what Chat Blanc said I- he told me that he loved me as well," she explained, chewing her lip as she looked away. "I love you, but I don't want to hurt Chat's heart twice. I already rejected him as Ladybug. I don't want to do it again."

Luka's eyes softened, as he rubbed soothing circles on her back. "Do you think you love the both of us then?"

The female bit the inside of her cheek. "M-Maybe, I...yes."

The last word was choked, and she soon clutched him tight in a strong embrace. Viperion made eye contact with Tikki, who soon zipped to join in calming Marinette.

A look of contemplation took over his expression, and he spoke out on instinct, "I'm sure that we'll find a solution, Melody."

"Maybe I could just date the both of you?" she suggested, before slapping her cheek straight after. "No, that's selfish. Chat Blanc didn't like you, so that might not be nice for Chat Noir."

The guitarist's eyes widened. "Melody, I...that could work if we put our minds to it."

Marinette furrowed her brows. "Wait, really?"

~*~*~

"Of course Father didn't care that I was gone."

Plagg floated up to his chosen in worry. "Kid, I'm sure that's not true. Maybe he just didn't notice?"

Adrien sent a deadpan look the kwami's way, making him laugh nervously until his black ears suddenly perked up. "You got a message, Kid."

"Really? From who?" Adrien quizzed, sitting up from his silk mattress in curiosity. "What did they say?"

"Hmm...Ladybug texted something about visiting Pigtails tomorrow night."

"'Pigtails'?"

"You know, your girlfriend?"

"S-She's not my girlfriend, Plagg!" the blond spluttered. "Mari, well, my Princess is with Luka." He glanced down, eyes beginning to become sad.

Plagg sighed. He curled up on Adrien's locks, and started to allow a purr to echo in the boy's ears in an attempt of comfort.