Good Luck

(A/N: I'm back guys! Excited to see people adding this to their libraries. Vote and comment to let me know you're still reading/enjoying and bc I'm also needy as shit!)

The week of the Bulldogs game had finally arrived. Cheryl had been in ultra HBIC mode when conducting Vixens practice. If a single move was missed, the girls would have to run it from the top. This was their last performance of the school year. The last performance that she'd ever lead at Riverdale High. It had to be perfect. For herself and maybe, just maybe, for Toni too.

Toni had been feeling much lighter. One hundred percent back to her old self in the past week; confident, easy going and sexy. The breakup had taken her self confidence down a notch, but she was definitely back. And she was channeling that confidence by flirting incessantly with Cheryl. She had to walk by the redhead's locker on her way to AP Calculus every day and she usually sidled up beside Cheryl to "chat", but really it was to another opportunity to flirt with her gorgeous red haired "not-quite-friend-not-quite-lover". She would tell her how much she liked her outfit, or that her hair looked especially pretty, basically just compliment her in anyway she could. One day she took the girl's hand in her own, and pretended to admire her rings just to hold her hand. Toni was being blatantly obvious, that was her intention, and Cheryl couldn't stop the smirk that played on her lips. Their attraction, already strong, seemed to crackle whenever they touched. The sexual tension between them was definitely building.

At lunch, Toni would often migrate from table to table, but as the days passed, she found herself more often than not, at the Vixens & Bulldogs table, seated right next to Cheryl. Since Chuck also sat at the table, albeit on the opposite end, Toni kept her flirting tame but that never stopped Cheryl from resting her hand on Toni's thigh. Toni loved it. It was a simple gesture, but she just loved the casual intimacy. It made her feel like they were heading in the right direction.

One day, she had unwisely chosen to wear a skirt to school, and took her usual seat beside Cheryl at lunch. They exchanged their usual hug that always seemed to linger. Toni snuck a strawberry from Cheryl's fruit bowl just to get a reaction from the redhead, but all Cheryl did was shake her head in amusement and drop her hand onto Toni's bare thigh. They both felt electricity when Cheryl's hand touched the soft skin of Toni's heated thigh. But they played it cool, carrying on with their lunch, choosing to ignore how the touch made them feel. Cheryl's thumb was rubbing small circles against Toni's skin. Cheryl loved how soft Toni's skin was, and couldn't help but grip her thigh just a tad bit more possessively. She simply smiled innocently when Toni looked at her with an arched brow.

---

It was finally the Friday of the football game and Cheryl was on her way to the locker room to get changed and lead her team into stretches and a last minute run through. She was a little upset with Toni. They had talked during their AP Biology class, talked when Toni had stopped by her locker in between classes, and talked during lunch. Everyone had been wishing her good luck throughout the day. Some had even interrupted her conversation with Toni during lunch just to give her their wishes, yet Toni hadn't said 'good luck', not even once. When she had asked Toni if she was still going to the game, she had confirmed quickly enough, but still hadn't uttered any well wishes. Cheryl was feeling annoyed at herself for putting in so much effort since Toni didn't even seem to appreciate it.

She walked down a flight of stairs, arriving in the hallway right before the entrance to the locker room when she felt a pair of hands cover her eyes.

"Guess who?" A well known voice whispered.

Cheryl easily recognized the lavender and vanilla fragrance. She smiled even though she was still pissed at Toni.