The Start of Something Special

(A/N: Here's an update! Came back to see that this story is #25 in the Choni tag, so thank you so much! I have no idea how ranking works on Wattpad, so if someone can fill me in, it would be greatly appreciated.  As per usual, please vote and comment bc I need love and affection, damnit!)

With every provocative move in the routine, whether it was a dip, a body roll, or a simple high kick that showed off her hard won flexibility, Cheryl made sure to keep her eyes on Toni.

Their little moment in the stairwell had left Cheryl a little worked up and she released that energy through her dancing. She took the confidence and power she felt when all eyes in the stadiums were on her and used it to tease Toni mercilessly.

It was working.

Toni never took her eyes off Cheryl. The redhead knew how to move her body. It heated Toni's body right up. She couldn't help but wonder if Cheryl worked those hips just as well in the bedroom. The thought alone made her squeeze her thighs together. She was positive most of the crowd was just as hypnotized as she was. All the cheerleaders were good but Cheryl really stole the show.

When the Vixens finished their routine, Cheryl blew a kiss into the stands but made a point to catch Toni's eye before sending her a wink.

Apparently, two could play at the teasing game.

After an hour, the game to an end with the Bulldogs winning and Cheryl, along with the rest of the Vixens rushed the players in their traditional congratulations of kissing each one on the cheek. The Riverdale half of the stadiums were a ruckus of celebration.

The cheerleaders and football players made their way to their respective locker rooms to change and get their Friday evening underway. Cheryl made sure to congratulate her girls on a job well done. Even though she was a tough captain, she still recognized their hard work. They had absolutely crushed it, the roars and whistles of the crowd had been proof.

It was tradition for the Bulldogs and Vixens to go to Pop's and then attend Reggie Mantle's house party after the last game of the year. As cheerleading captain, it was almost mandatory that Cheryl show up to both events.

Toni had congratulated her on a job well done with a tight hug and after a beat passed where their eyes flicked to each other's lips, she had pressed a lingering kiss on the redhead's cheek. Cheryl had been disappointed. She had expected a kiss equal to or surpassing the one they had shared in the stairwell, but she pushed away the feeling and invited Toni to celebrate with the teams.

She hoped that Toni would make an appearance.

---

Toni decided against kissing Cheryl only because she didn't know if the redhead wanted to publicize whatever was developing between them. All of their encounters so far had happened in private, but she was damn sure going to get the redhead back for all the teasing she had put her through. She knew that Cheryl liked when she wore her hair straight. The redhead had never outright told her, but it was obvious since she became flirtier and touchier than she already was.

She decided to miss out on Pop's so that she could go home and change her clothes and straighten her hair. Opting for a low cut but simple top, jeans and a jacket, Toni headed out the door to meet Peaches so they could go to the party together.

When the pair arrived, the party was already in full swing. The lights at Reggie's house were low and hip hop blasted through every corner thanks to his fancy surround sound speakers. Toni felt several pairs of eyes on her as she walked through the living room. She felt her confidence take a surge with the looks she was getting. But she didn't spare a second look at any of them, they weren't the eyes she wanted on her.