•S1 E3: Snakebit (1)•

It was a beautiful, peaceful morning, with the sun's rays barely gracing the dim sky. Aboard the Destiny's Bounty, the four ninja lay asleep on their bunk beds, slumbering gratefully...

...Until a loud gong crashing over and over cut into their minds.

"Evil doesn't sleep and neither should you!" Wu walked into the room, banging on a gong. Kai smashed a pillow on his face, Zane ducked under the covers, Jay rolled over, and Cole just covered his ears. They all groaned at the loud sound waking them.

"In order to reach your full potential, we must greet each day as an opportunity," the elder declared, giving the gong a few more hits for good measure.

Kai kicked his legs out, his hair even messier than usual. "Okay okay, we're up," The ninja of fire yawned, jumping off of the top bunk of his bed. "But if you want us to reach full potential, shouldn't we at least get a full night of rest?" He yawned again, tugging on the shabby blinds to let in a bit of sunlight. The old wood immediately fell off.

"You call that a rest?" Cole said, cracking his back. "I think my back had more lumps than the mattress."

Jay walked over to the sink, toothbrush in hand. "We were up so late, talking about how cool it is to have a new headquarters, I guess we lost track of time," he said, turning in the faucet and not noticing what was coming out. "Since the Serpentine burned down our monastery, I'm just glad we have a roof over our head-" The ninja of lightning spit out his toothpaste, brush covered in sand.

Zane stretched out his limbs, surprisingly awake and flexible for a ninja that just slept on a rock of a bed. "What is our lesson today, Sensei? Mastering the strike of the Scorpion? Or perhaps the grace of-" The ground beneath him collapsed, sending up a plume of dust. Zane coughed hard, inhaling the old residue.

Wu looked at the condition of the room and said, "I think today's lesson would be chores."

"Chores?!" The ninja wailed, disappointed.

The ninja of earth stepped forward, arguing, "Ninja fight, Sensei. They do not clean."

The elder sighed, then responded firmly, "In order to respect ourselves, we must respect our new home and where we are from. And this place is a long way from becoming a Ninja headquarters." He turned, walking out the door. "I expect things to be spotless when I return. And put your backs into it." He gave the gong one final hit before departing.

The ninja looked at each other despondently as Cole helped Zane jump out of the hole. "This place is gonna take forever to clean and fix up," Kai grumbled.

Jay suddenly got a playful smirk. "Unless we put more than our backs into it, huh?" He nudged Kai, who grinned back.

"NinjaaaGO!" Cole spun himself into a brown tornado, spinning all around the messy room and collecting up all of the junk. Continuing to spin, the black ninja traveled a little ways out of the Destiny's Bounty and dumped the trash outside for sale.

Kai and Zane leapt into the room, with the latter holding his Shurikens of Ice in his hands. Tossing them at the wall, the entire room filled with light blue ice. Kai whisked out his sword, setting it aflame and putting it to the ice. Seeing that it didn't work fast enough, both ninja Spinjitzued around the room, cleaning it completely of dust and mildew.

Cole and Kai then went on to work together, trying to fix the main power. Jay uncovered an even larger power box, then took out his Nunchucks of Lightning. Whirling it above his head, he tapped it to the box once-and all of the power cane on at once. The two other ninja high-fived as Jay sighed.