•S1 E13: Day of the Great Devourer (2)•

The people in Ninjago City were completely oblivious to what was happening. They were happily carrying out their march as they originally intended on a bright, sunny, peaceful day, a perfect day to protest. They protested as peacefully as the day they were having. There was singing, a few signs, and general chanting. A perfectly normal protest on a perfectly normal day.

People were patiently waiting for their subway underground, but the people running the trains noticed something a bit... off. There was a large train coming down Track Nine.

There... were no trains on Track Nine.

The Great Devourer plowed its way through the station, scaring people out of their wits as it went. The Devourer was very uncomfortable in its tight underground space and decided it needed some more room to breathe.

With a mighty heave, the giant snake forced it's way out of the ground and through a building. This building just so happened to be right next to the peaceful protest, and people were running around screaming in seconds. The snake roared, and the screaming only got louder.

Ed and Edna leaped into their car, trying desperately to start it up. "Oh, boy," Ed laughed nervously when the car didn't start. "Oh, gosh. Oh, golly. Oh, gosh." The Great Devourer reared over its next morsel, a simple starter before devouring the entire city. And gosh, was it a big city.

Out of seemingly nowhere, the repaired hybrid vehicle revved into the now empty square. "Mom? Dad?" Jay breathed, horrified at the sight in front of him. The windows and covers of the vehicle popped open, and the blue ninja went flying towards the snake. "Leave my parents alone!" He sent angry waves of lightning at the snake's face, hoping to at least brush against that weak spot Kai had pointed out earlier. It only irritated the Devourer though, sending it through the streets and more people running.

Kai met it on the other side before it could get too far, shooting fire into the snake's eyes. As it shook in discomfort, Cole lifted a news truck. "Mind if I borrow this?" Before waiting for an answer, he hurled the truck at the Great Devourer's head. A few people even started to cheer. The snake, very irate now, sent its barbed tail directly at them. Zane leapt in at the last second, sending a beam of cold ice and freezing the deadly weapon in midair.

"Uh, I think we only made it mad," Jay groaned as the snake smashed the truck that hit it. This could—would—be a long fight.

:):

Exhausted—from the journey either physically or mentally—Garmadon walked into the very tea shop Wu had been in weeks ago. "Traveler's Tea," he growled at the lady behind the counter.

She kept her back turned to him, remarking, "Only a fool requests Traveller's Tea." She turned, a small smug look on her face, before meeting the stone cold eyes of the dark lord himself. Her smile didn't fade, but the rebellious spark in her eyes dimmed. "...But you are... not a fool," she recovered, anxiously rubbing the wood of the counter. "Uhm, let me go get some in the back."

As she went back, Garmadon browsed the news of the TV. "And I am here live caught in the middle of an epic ninja-versus-snake battle," the reporter was saying tensely. Garmadon's eyes widened, just barely. "People, I have never seen bravery like this before, but I fear the ninja are no match for a beast this size. People are recommended to flee or run away, waving their arms wildly while screaming like little children."

The ninja were, in fact, barely able to keep up with the Great Devourer. Suddenly, the Samurai came blazing out of thin air and whacked the giant snake with a lamppost. "Samurai to the rescue," Jay cheered. "Again!"