•S2 E5: Child's Play (1)•

(A.N. Hi I love you guys so much 💜💜💜)

    The exhaustion of the previous day—and stress of having to deal with your father again—made your body and mind scream for a break. The internal noise seemed to drown out all of the ninjas' instruction as you gazed onto the small parts of Ninjago with your twin. Your eye lingered on a few kids, having fun together without a care in the world. They didn't have the weight of the future holding down their shoulders, so they could toss their toys around freely. They probably didn't have evil fathers that were trying to hurt them. Those kids would probably never know the strife that your destiny was causing you.

"(Y/N)? Lloyd? Guys!" Annoyed, you spitefully didn't turn to face Kai. Lloyd did, though. "Concentrate."

"Now that the Bounty is in our possession again," Zane said, "we can train the both of you more effectively, but you'll have to focus. One more time. C'mon, (Y/N). You too."

"It's kinda hard to concentrate when you've already been training all day," you muttered, eyes lingering on the fading kids as they disappeared in the Bounty's trail.

"Yeah," Lloyd agreed with a pout. "We've been training all day, guys."

"It's all to get your ready to face your father," Cole said for the billionth time. "Now, in position."

Seeing that there was no point in fighting anymore, you and Lloyd dragged yourselves off of the railing and across from the ninja. They pulled on their hoods, and Lloyd yawned.

    Kai launched himself at you first, but Lloyd unenthusiastically punched him away. It held no creativity, no drive. Jay and Zane went next, and your twin simply Spinjitzu'd them away. When Cole tried attacking from behind, you covered your hand in silky white light and met his fist. His whole arm gave out, alongside the rest of his body. Cole slumped onto the ground, face first, with a muffled cry.

    Instant paralysis? That's new.

The ninja, over many training sessions, had managed to narrow down what your element—elements?—might have been. The closest thing that they came to were creation and destruction, although the colours weren't what you expected them to be. The blinding white light that you created took on many forms, from solid to liquid to gas and everywhere in between, and would destroy anything it contacted with within moments. Jay went into a near catatonic state for hours after a small puddle splashed onto his face, and every metal they'd tried it with disintegrated—or worse. Surprisingly, inky darkness created an unbreakable material and weapons that had otherworldly properties. Once, Kai's hand phased through a knife handle when he tried to pick it up after knocking it out of your hand.

    Indeed, your element was a curious subject. Yet you could feel that there was so much still in the wings, waiting.

    "Wow, that certainly was exhausting," you said, trying to sound happy. "Can we stop now?"

    "Oh, come on," Jay sighed, removing his hood. "You're both better than this. What's on your minds?"

    "Well... ah..." Lloyd trailed off. "The latest issue of Starfarer just came in at Doomsday Comics, and it's a limited run so if we don't go out and get it, it's gonna sell out. Last they left off, intergalactic rouge Fritz Donnegan was surrounded by the Imperial Sludge, and if I don't find out if he gets out alright, I think I might have my own doomsday!"

    You nodded, remembering the last issue vividly. It was always fun to read comics—especially Starfarer—with Lloyd, an activity that was sparked from the first time you came back to school with a few snatched volumes. "He has a point, you know."