•S2 E1: Darkness Shall Rise (2)•

(A.N. Guess who accidentally deleted the entire first half of this chapter after they were sick setting themself back a day hahahahahaha)

    "Everything OK?" The bank owner asked as he rounded the corner.

Cole was jolted from his nap, laughing nervously, "Nothing out of the ordinary, boss!"

The boss seemed to be satisfied with his answer. "Thanks for taking the double shift," he nodded before heading back inside.

"My pleasure," Cole sighed, leaning back onto the building. "And now, for a little beauty rest." His eyelids drooped and he fell back asleep. It was at that moment, his one slim moment of pleasure, that the Fangpyre general decided to burst through the ground of one of the vaults. Sirens blared, and Cole was once again fired out of dreamland.

"Take it all," The Venomari general hissed in delight. The snakes bagged the money at top speed, even faster than the earth ninja could run inside.

"Shouldn't we wait for Skales?" The two-headed snake asked as he filled the last bag.

"No, you fool," the green snake scowled, "he's carrying out the rest of the mission, remember?"

"Oh, yeah."

"Let's get out of here." And so the snakes jumped back through the hole they came from, just in time to get away from Cole. "Let's take the subway," The Venomari general hissed to his partners.

"Subway?" Cole groaned. There was no way he'd get there on time, fast as he was.

All over the city, the ninja saw the police cars and heard the word on the bank robbery. One by one, the ninja were fired from their jobs. Finally, they all met up at the bank just in time to see Cole being told to not come to work the next day. "Looks like we're all in the same boat," Kai sighed.

"That's OK," Cole shrugged. "I hated that job anyway. Let's go. They're getting away."

Kai was more than ready to get back to business. "Which way did they go?"

"I overheard them saying something about taking the subway."

"Good call," Zane said, already running down the steps. "Let's go."

They weren't half a block away from the bank before they spun into their ninja attire, running off to catch some snakes. Something crossed Cole's mind. "Has anyone seen Jay?"

The lightning ninja was still in his bonds, still hopping desperately down the subway tracks. There was no way he wasn't getting out of this without a few blisters. "Hello? Anyone!?" He shouted, hoping that someone would finally hear him. "Boy, I think I may have picked the wrong track. I hope I see someone soon."

As he continued hopping, the three other ninja poked their heads out of an opening near the top of a subway tunnel. They looked left and right before catching sight of a train, whizzing down the tracks like water running downhill. They silently agreed that this was their ride. When it passed, the ninja jumped onto its roof with a loud thump. The thump, unfortunately, didn't go unnoticed by the train's scaly passengers.

"Sounds like we have company, boys," The Venomari general hissed.

"But I only heard three," the Constrictai general pointed out. "Aren't there four?"

"No, stupid," One of the Fangpyre heads snickered.

"We caught one of them," the other head nodded.

The ninja were still on top of the train, crawling along and trying to find a way to get inside. Cole grunted, "Isn't there an easier way to get inside?"