•S1 E10: The Green Ninja (1)•

(A.N. Father-child bonding time, anyone?)

    In the dark of night, a ninja crept up to where the two legendary gi's were stored. He looked left and right, making sure that no one could see him before taking them out with utmost care.

    Meanwhile, on the deck, Cole prepared his Scythe to take down the snake in front of him. Slamming down his Scythe with a battle cry, the snake was taken off of its feet as the ship shook.

    The ninja decided to try on the Green Ninja gi first. He tested all different kinds of poses in front of the mirror, just seeing how cool he was.

    Jay spun his way into the snake, breaking out of his Spinjitzu at the last moment to knock the snake out.

    The ninja took off the green gi and put on the Grey Ninja's suit. It was flexible and smooth, covering pretty much all of him except for his left eye. He flipped around, just testing it out with a cheer.

    Zane spun his Shurikens as he stared the snake down, flipping and shooting the golden weapons at the snake's feet. Ice crept up him, completely freezing him. At Nya's cue, you flicked on the light. "That was so cool!" You cheered, racing down to look at the ice. It seemed to glow blue in the low light. Zane beamed.

    Nya nodded from the light, smiling. "Your powers are getting stronger," she commented, looking over the deck. "But where's Kai?"

    The ninja ran down the deck with you close in tow, coming upon a door where you could hear Kai talking to himself. "...on. Everyone else can do it. So can you." Cole smirked, silently opening the door and guiding in everyone else inside. Kai was wearing the Grey Ninja suit, stretching and practicing in front of a mirror. "Bring heat!" He did a few one handed pushups before jumping up to look at himself in the mirror.

    The boys laughed, and Kai jumped. "Very nice," Cole snorted, "Perhaps if you tried the phrase, 'fire dork' maybe it might work."

    "How long have you all been watching?" Kai asked, embarrassed.

    You laughed, "Long enough."

    "The Grey Ninja suit," Jay marveled, "That's awesome!"

    "Well, I was looking for some kind of... clue from Sensei, and then I found these," Kai admitted, gesturing to the suit and the green gi on the table.

    Zane shrugged, "But you know only they who are foretold to face Lord Garmadon are destined to be the Green and Grey Ninja, and only they should wear the outfits. So Sensei would most likely be very—"

    "I know, I know," Kai sighed, all fight abruptly seeping out of him. "But I thought if I just tried them on—either of them—it might help me see my true potential. It's not fair that you guys have unlocked your cool powers and I still haven't."

    "Hey," you chirped, folding your arms. "I have no cool powers or ninja skills. Like the cool tornado thing! When will I learn how to do that?"

    The fire ninja laughed weakly, still looking out of the window. "Thanks for the encouragement, (Y/N). And anyways, Sensei's gone and we don't know when he's coming back—"

    "Hello? I'm home!"

    You jumped, whirling around with a grin. "Uncle Wu!"

    "Sensei!" Everyone else cheered, running up to the deck. Kai remembered what he was wearing and ducked behind a screen to change as you ran off.

    "Ah," Wu sighed happily, "It's so good to be home."

    "So glad you're back," Zane agreed.