•S1 E10: The Green Ninja (2)•

Kai leapt across the floor, spinning himself into a tornado, as Garmadon bore the Golden Weapons. Time seemed to slow in that short moment, drawing it out into forever as each prepared himself. Kai, being Kai, tried landing the first hit—but Garmadon beat him to it, almost taking his head off with the Scythe. Kai took the long swing to his advantage and kicked Garmadon, pushing him to the ground. "I'm alive," Kai gasped as he recovered, "I'm alive!"

As he reveled in his temporary victory, Lord Garmadon rose up behind him. "You need to be taught a lesson!"

The two went back at it again, throwing each other off of the walls. It almost seemed as though something had snapped in both of them, especially Kai. All of the built up tension that had been slowly gathering was now being released in the form of violence.

"Kai? Dad? Where are you?"

While Garmadon was down, Kai bolted to the door and saw you just peeking your head out. Everyone else was close in tow. Slamming the door shut, Kai turned back to his enemy and they continued to fight. You pointed Nya to the door that Kai had disappeared behind, and she nodded.

Nya fiddled with the door only to see that it was locked. "What are you doing!?"

"Discovering my true potential!" Kai snarled as Garmadon slammed him against the door and threw him across the room.

Jay took a turn at the knob, grunting, "The door won't budge!"

"Kai thinks he'll unlock his power if he stands up to Lord Garmadon," Nya said to the others; Wu seemed more sad than surprised. You just kept trying to look inside to see if they were both OK.

"Why would he think that?" Zane asked incredulously.

"He thinks he's one of them," Nya indicated.

You got a good look inside to the beat down Kai was getting from your father and shouted, "He certainly isn't acting like one."

"(Y/N)'s right," Cole said, "if we don't open this door soon, I think he's gonna be mincemeat. Stand back!" He tapped into his true potential, pulling on all the strength of a boulder. "EARTH!" Knocking down the door with ease, Cole raced into the room with everyone else following close behind. You gasped.

Kai was standing over Garmadon, a foot on his chest. "I defeated him," he panted, thrusting a fist into the air. "I did it! Are my eyes glowing? Uh, did I unlock my powers? Is this my true potential?" He reached inside of himself to see if something had changed, anything new that made him feel alive and whole and new and powerful. "Argh! Why isn't it working!?"

"Because you cannot defeat someone who allowed himself to be defeated," Wu said harshly. He nodded his head to you, and you immediately raced over and helped up your father.

"Dad," you faltered nervously, "Dad, are you OK?"

"I'm alright, (Y/N)," Garmadon smiled weakly before turning to Kai and hissing, "I wasn't going to hurt you, boy. I was only fetching your weapons."

"But you were trying to steal them!" Kai spat defensively.

"I asked him to get them," Wu deflected softly, though there was an undertone of poison. "Perhaps it is you do not reach your true potential, or else someone could get hurt." (A.N. O u c h)

"Way to go, hero," Cole drawled, absolutely apathetic.

"Are you sure you're OK, Dad?" You asked frantically. "You might've gotten really beat up..."

"It's OK, (Y/N)," your father hummed again, smiling maliciously at Kai, "He didn't even put a scratch on me."

Kai looked about ready to blow up.