Chapter 1- Introductions

It was March 8th, my father's birthday, and the family was having dinner at Pappacitas. It was a family favorite. My friends Olivia (Olly), Elizabeth (Lizzy) , and Lilly (Flower) were there along with my brother Elijah friends Nate, Kevin (KJ), and D'vonte (Dee). Our friends were basically a part of the family, hence why they were invited. My father always becomes an inspiration to everyone he meets. While the table was having a conversation about our favorite Eddie Murphy movies, I felt D'vonte's hard glare. He was giving a weird look. Soon I got a text and obviously it was from him.
Him- Why are you dressed like that
Me- ???
Him- Are you trying to get back at me?
Me- NO!! Are you crazy?!
He then looked at me with slight rage. D'vonte and I dated for about a year and a half until I caught him sending nudes to his so called "cousin". My father didn't want him here for my sake, but I knew Elijah would want all of his friends here too. Nobody knows that Dee cheated on me. I prefer not to be that person. The person that let herself become blinded my love. But could you blame me? I'm the fat chick people bullied in middle school for having boobs before guys my age found them attractive. Just thinking about how big I am makes me wants to cry, and I guess it was obvious because everyone at the table was looking at me. " Excuse me," I said as I got up from the table and headed toward the bathroom.
When I got into the restroom, I sprinkled some water on my face. It's a good thing I didn't wear makeup. Soon my friends entered asking if I was okay. "Tia what were you thinking about" asked Lizzy. I just shook my head and showed the messages Dee sent me. "Do you want me to whoop his ass," Lilly asked. " No it's not worth it. We're here to celebrate another year my father was able to live." Oliva then chimed in and said, "Yeah miss ghetto flower. Today we are not throwing hands. For the white girl in the group, you got more hood in you than all of us combined." We all laughed and I felt the need to ask, " Why was everyone staring at me?" They all started laughing until Lizzy finally answered, " The waiter asked what you wanted to drink and you never answered." At that mention my eyes went huge, which didn't go unnoticed. " Its okay girl we got your favorite, Lemonade" I'm so glad to have friends who know me so well. Olly then said, " Lets go before we miss getting our orders taken. I then realized how much I needed to use the bathroom, so I told the girls to go without since they know what I like.
On my way out I bumped into a muscular man. Just by a small bump, I felt all of his hard, stern, sexy muscles. Oof, what am I thinking. When I looked at him he had a confused look on his face. " I'm sorry," I said. He laughed, and what a beautiful laugh it was. "It's fine, I was asking if you were okay,"he said with a gorgeous smile. I then smiled and said " I'm ok sir," trying not to make eye contact. When I looked up due to not hearing a responce, I saw a dark look in his eyes. He must have realized, because he then looked at me and smiled.

Little did I know, was that smile was gonna mean so much to me.

~ I hope to continue this story. But it just depend on people actually reading it.~