Untitled Part 33

I THINK IT'S WORKING." BULONG NIYA KAY PAISLEY. HE LIKED DOING THAT. MADE HIM feel like they were really close. Besides, she smelled good. How she managed to be 'mabango' despite the sweat and the heat, he could only guess. Maybe it was her shampoo. Maybe it has a special formula , pag pinawisan, na-activate ang floral scent molecules.

"How can you tell?" Pabulong rin na tanong ni Paisley. She didn't seem to mind the whispering and the getting close. That pleased Anton.

"Narinig ko si Harlan kanina, inaaway si Alynna."

"Paano'ng inaaway?"

"Sabi ni Harlan, 'it was your idea', because she hates you. Si Alynna."

Naramdaman niya na parang na-tense si Paisley sa narinig. Obviously, hindi ito sanay na kinagagalitan. Siniko niya ito, "Hey, haters gonna hate."

"I know. I just can't understand."

"Haters gonna hate." Ulit niya. "Simple as that. Just accept."

"No." Paisley snapped. "Know what? I can accept that life is not fair sometimes, but not that. That is soooo wrong. You can't just hate other people. Where's the hate coming from?"

"Kailangan ba ng explanation?"

"Yes. So we can correct it. We can't just accept all the wrong things just because they..exist. We will be a society of wrongdoers. Evil will thrive if good people do nothing. All the wrong things will be the norm and that's not good."

Atras ang leeg ni Anton,Ooooh--kay.

"Bet you don't have many friends." Aniya.

Pinanlisikan siya ni Paisley ng mata.

"Joke." Nag-peace sign si Anton.

Hindi sumagot si Paisley, tumingin na lang sa unahan kung saan naghahanda ng materials para sa next game ang mga counselors. Kumpleto ang tatlo: Fredo, Miss Carla, Bb. Bayang.

But they were taking too long, dahil nagtatalo pa rin sa mechanics ng laro. And patience was not one of Anton's virtues. Maybe he didn't have a virtue.

Siniko ulit niya si Paisley.

Hindi siya pinansin. Tampo pa.

Kinalabit na niya sa may siko. Pumalag. Inulit niya.

"Ano ba?" She hissed.

"Naisip ko lang, an'tatanga nila 'no? Ang dali paikutin."

"Mean people are stupid." Pinandilatan siya ni Paisley.

"Ako?" Turo ni Anton sa sarili.

"Just think about it. When you thrive on meanness and...and cruelty, it follows that you are also malicious. Your brain is wrired to see malice even where there is none and you get so paranoid, you're so easy to provoke."

Tango si Anton, yep, she ain't got a lot of friends in school.

People like Paisley, they get all the awards in school. They also get bullied a lot.

"Okay!" Wika ni Bb. Bayang sa unahan. "We have three boxes here. The contents are not the same. Your task is to create or build something out of these materials and you should be able to explain the usefulness or relevance of your creation. You have two hours to unleash your creativity and resourcefulness. Okay, team leaders, get your box."

Lumapit sa unahan sina Anton, Tristan at Alynna. Naunang pumili ng kahon si Tristan. Iyong nasa gitna ang binuhat. Anton took the one on the left.

"You can work inside." Wika ni Bb. Bayang. "And remember, THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX!"