Chapter 6 - Weak

After last weekend my mother got me back on some medication that should help me keep my food down.

I'm in class at the moment and just feel like I'm about to pass out. My body feels heavy and my chest feels tight. I took slow deep breaths and closed my eyes putting my head on the desk and wincing slightly at the pain in my chest.

I'm so sleepy...

~~~

"Nagisa.... Nagisa! Nagisa!!" I jolted up and stared at Koro- sensei as he sighed. "You should try and stay awake in class or you'll fall behind."

"Sorry sensei." He left me alone and Kayano looked at me.

"Are you ok? You've never fallen asleep in class before." She said worried.

"I'm fine." I smiled.

As class continued I began to lightly cough every now and then but it was normal. But by break I was violently coughing.

"Hey, calm down, you're okay." I looked at karma and he kissed me gently, the ability to breath coming back.

I took deep breaths and held onto calmer a feeling of safety surrounding me, I felt so scared.

"Maybe Nagisa should have a rest in the nurses office." Koro sensei suggested.

"Okay." Karma picked me up in his arms and carried me into the nurses office laying me down on the bed.

I've always had problems with my health for as long as I can remember, be it getting I'll easily or having breathless fits, my immune system just wasnt on my side but the doctors said that it looked fine and they didn't understand why I was so vulnerable towards disease.

Karma's been by my side for years and since he joined me I've had a better luck with illness but it's weird... Karma can't honestly be why I'm getting better...

~~~~~

It's been two weeks and everytime I cough Karma will kiss me and then im fine for a while, it's strange. I've asked him why he thinks kissing will help me but he wont explain it. We haven't really hung out outside of class since he tried to force himself on me and its lonely without him...

I woke up today and my head was pounding, the world around me spinning. I sat up and my mother entered my room checking my temperature.

"37.6... Nagisa I'm calling the doctor." She said. I grabbed her wrist coughing.

"D-dont it's just a cold." I said getting up.

"Nagisa you need to stay home." She said concerned as I took my uniform out.

"I'll be better off at school, you have work and I dont want to bother you. I'll be fine." I smiled.

"As soon as I get one call you're up the hospital." She warned.

"I understand mother." I smiled.

Ahenleft my room and I got dressed, grabbing some toast and putting a mask on. I took some medication and headed out the house and towards the train station.

The train was over packed like usual so I had to stand up. Karma textingmme like usual, telling me he's waiting for the train and will be with me soon. I smiled at his messages and the train stopped, people getting off and more coming on. I noticed a spare seat and sat down leaning against the wall coughing lightly.

Karma's stop soon came up on the monitor and I text him the carriage number I was in. The train stopped and people got off and more came on. I noticed Karma's red hair and reached out tugging the back of his cardigan.

"Nagisa? You look awful." He said crouching in front of me. Holding the railing.

"Thank you, you look lovely." I chuckled coughing. He placed a hand against my head and glared at me.

"You're burning up, you should be at home." He said concerned, drawing us attention.

"Mums at work today, I would have been at risk home alone. At least at school I have you." I said gently coughing.

"You know how bad your health can get." He sighed brushing the side of my face.

"I'm fine." I said. I could feel my cheeks burning up and laid my head back on the wall next to me.

"I honestly think we should just get Koro sensei to send you home, you aren't well." He said concerned.

"I'm just tired, I'll be fine." I said coughing as I closed my eyes.

When I opened my eyes I was on Karma's back and we where walking up the E-Class mountain. I felt significantly better.

"Finally awake?" He asked me.

"Yeah." I sighed holding on a little tighter.

"You fell asleep so I decided to carry you. You're lucky, if you where still asleep when I reached class I was gonna just get them to send you straight home." He said concerned.

"I'm fine." I chuckled. We reached the top and he put me down kissing my cheek. I smiled through my mask at him and headed inside holding his hand.

We entered class and I went to my seat sitting down.

{Karma P.O.V.}

I noticed Nagisa's head on the desk and sighed walking over to him.

"Rio, grab me a thermometer." I said crouching next to Nagisa.

"Sure." She jogged out the room and came back with and electronic one.

I held it to his forehead, holding his fringe back and took his temperature.

38... he's got a fever and he's still this determined to be in school.

"Is he okay?" Rio asked confused.

"No he's sick." I said listening to his breathing.

"Should I get a teacher?" She asked.

"Shh." I listened closer and could hear him wheezing. It could be an infection or the warning of an asthma attack knowing him.

"Get Irina to call his mum." I said picking him up. "I'll lay him in the infirmary."

"Okay." I took him out the classroom and Rio jogged to the teachers lounge.

I laid him on his side on a bed and listened to his breathing, don't do this to me again Nagisa. I pulled his mask down and kissed him, encircling our tongues and releasing healing magic into him. It isnt much but that all I can do without him finding out who I am.

I put his mask back on listening to his calmer breathing and the door opened, his mother in the door way.

"Is he okay?" She asked panicked.

"I'm not sure." I said concerned.

"Pick him up, we'll drive him to the hospital." I nodded and put Nagisa on my back following his mother.