Chapter 10 - run

It's been a few weeks since we started hiding Karmas powers better, we kiss in class but if I feel unwell we'll go to the nurse and he'll kiss me then let me sleep, taking himself back to class.

For some reason Karma didn't meet me this morning, and he won't answer his cell phone. I'm worried about him.

I make it to class and ask if anyone else has been in contact with Karma. They all shook their heads.

"Nagisa did you know Karmas a demon? Kayano told me." Rio said whispering to me.

"Kayano hates Karma." I sighed.

"But He isn't here and Neither are the teachers maybe he's wanted now." Rio said smiling.

"He isn't a demon. Demons aren't real." I huffed.

"Nagisa we need your help." I turned around to look at Kayano but then Rio put a cloth over my mouth and I passed out.

When I woke up I was in a room, dim lighting. I looked at the wall in front of me and it had Karmas face and name with Wanted on it and the bounty was double Koro senseis reward.

I need to get out and save Karma. I tried to move but I had chains over me. A loud hum was heard and the chains started rising. I was now being held in the air by my wrists, it burned.

I struggled and tried to loosen the chains but then someone entered the room... Kayano?!

"Poor Nagisa. Sorry about the treatment but we need you to be in a stressful environment so Karma can sense you easier. The louder you scream the faster he'll come for you."

She put a collar around my neck and then pushed a button, on a remote, an electrical current shocking me. I screamed in pain as my body seized up.

"Don't worry it won't make you piss yourself, we wouldn't want you to be embarrassed now would we." She smiled.

"You're fucking psychotic." I panted glaring at her. She shocked me again and I screamed.

She didn't seem to like my comment and she picked up a cattle prodder and began stabbing my sides with it, just enough to break the skin.

"I think we should permanently mark you." She smirked.

She went over to a fire place and pulled out a rod that had a pentagram on the end of it, she lifted my shirt up and burned it into my skin.

I screamed louder than I thought I could as I heard the sizzling and the smell of my our burning skin.

I gulped panting as tears stained my cheeks, I didn't know what to do I felt so... helpless. She picked up something else from behind and as soon as it made contact with my skin I released a blood curdling scream.

With every whip she'd get harder.

"That's enough for now, I'll be back tomorrow." She smirked kissing me before she left.

I needed to get out of here. I gulped and moved my hands closer together, it will hurt but it's worth it. I grinned my right thump and snapped it out of place, pulling my hand free. I untangled my other wrist and picked up and cattle prodder leaving the room.

I could barely walk and my vision was becoming blurry from blood loss. My right thumb began to swell and bruise as I wondered aimlessly.

"He's here! In the west wing! All units to west wing!" Shouted a terminal.

I looked at the signs and just about made out what it read, heading to the west wing.

I could hear people fighting and limped closer, my body leaning on the wall for support.

I'm almost to Karma I need to keep pushing myself.

I walked around the corner and saw Karma in his true demon form and he was pissed. I edged closer to him and he spotted me. I smiled and he knocked everyone back with a swipe of his wings and then ran to me, catching me as I fell.

"What did they do to you?" He said holding me in his arms.

"I just wanna go." I said weakly. He lifted my chin and I could see his fuzzy appearance. He kissed me lovingly and I could feel the wounds healing.

"Nagisa, are you willing to come with me, back to the demon realm?" He asked holding me in his arms.

"As long as it's with you... yes." I smiled.

He kissed me once more and then picked me up taking me into the sky with him. I fell asleep in the journey but awoke in a totally different world.