Chapter three

"Open your eyes, you bitch!"

I coughed, trying to rid the water that found its way into my nose, spurting and vomiting.

I open my eyes to see a shaggy, skinny-looking man, very unkept.

"Who are you? An outcast? I see that they only let the very worst be the one to torture the pitiful rebels," I sassed him and his pupils dilated. Too easy.

"Or wait, you're not wolf enough to get a better job." I tend to be quite annoying and riling people up is a strong suit of mine. So, though I just became unconscious, the words flowed effortlessly.

"Shut up!" he punched my nose. I could taste the blood. Oh, ho ho ho someone hates his job. Now all I need to do is press a few more buttons and I'm out of here and I'll be home free.

I laughed. "Ohhh don't worry, get me your dick Alpha and I'll tell him to bump you up to hunter, huh? Cause you're now suddenly man enough to bring in the rogues."

"You have a death wish, don't you?" He yelled, already frothing at the mouth, ugh wolves and anger, like yin and yang.

"I don't, but apparently you do if you have this job. Probably gonna end it yourself any day soon, huh? If I was you would have done it sooner"

"I SAID SHUT UP!"

He ran towards me, his wolf clearly in control with his unnatural silver eyes. Pretty eyes as well. Too bad it's not gonna leave this room. I braced myself, ready to fight him. The door opened. How fortunate for him. He would have said hi to the moon goddess today. Well, his loss.

"Elliot, you idiot, what are you doing? You know we're not supposed to touch her"

"Yeah Elliot, ya know?" I sassed him, and he growled. It impressed me, the kid, surprised at how he was able to regain control so easily.

"Come on, the Alpha wants to see her," the silver-haired boy at the door said. Huh, so much sliver in this pack, what are they? Let me guess, sliver moon? Cliché, but probable.

He cut the binds at my legs and lifted me to my feet. Dragging me rather harshly.

I was going to say something. They distracted me when I saw Aria. She was already kneeling in the dirt. I couldn't mistake that fiery red hair.

They shoved me to the ground beside her, and I fell on my face.

"Thanks a lot, Elliot," I said as I wiped my face with my shoulders.

He growled.

"Aria, are you okay?"

"No," she shook her head, the hair falling all around her face. "This dress is so tight and it makes my boobs look awkward," she shuddered.

Then I realized what she meant by uncomfortable. It was barely a shirt. It was so short I couldn't believe it. Then I looked around the camp and they were wearing, well let's just say strippers have a run for their money.

I shook my head at the exposure. This was definitely one of those packs that have refused to accept that the world has moved on from animal skin and leaves since how many centuries ago?

Gosh, cover-up, please. But I am surprised Aria is complaining about how her breasts look when she has them on display every other time.

"That's not abnormal at all," she chuckled.

"Did they hurt you?"

She rolled her eyes. "No mum, I can handle myself," she sassed.

"Yet here we are, tied binds infused with wolfsbane and kneeling in the middle of a crazed, ancient tribe."

She growled clearly. Her wolf was already offended. No surprise, the bitch was always angry.

I looked up. "So where is this Alpha of yours? What? Fighting off the ghosts of the animal you rid of its skin?"

"No, but open that foul mouth of yours one more time and I'll be wearing your skin by the morn"

Foul! Whose mouth is he calling foul?

"A bit ambitious, don't you think?" I retorted.

"What is ambitious is the courage you have right now, and just because you're a rogue doesn't mean that you don't know how to behave under authority."

Just like most other alphas, this one was bigger than most normal werewolves. He had very vivid eyes that looked like orbs of mercury. His bronze skin faded into the twilight of the evening, and his muscles defined. He was an attractive man, not just the kind that attracted me though. Not that any man, Alpha or otherwise, attracted me.

I spat right in front of him to show I didn't give hack about his authority. He growled and very suddenly the side of my head felt the striking pain from the contact with the hard ground. Pushing further, I struggled against his strength. I heard Aria scream beside me. I could hardly breathe, yeah, hardly. I struggled under him to give some satisfaction that he was actually doing something. Then I started to laugh, under the dirt, funny.

His fingers combed into my hair yanking it backward, his face was so close to mine that I could feel his breath fanning my face. "You think you're fucking tough, huh?" He asked and I nodded.

He was furious. His nails dug into my neck and I could feel the warm blood cascading down my body.

"You just made the worst mistake of your life rogue."

"It's Iris" I choked through all the blood.