Chapter Twenty-three

What the hell is your problem?” I screamed at Malik when I finally got up and face him.
“I could ask you the same thing. Why the hell did you do that?” My brows went up, questioning him. I knew exactly what I did, but I wanted him to say it don’t ask me why, I did not know where the urge came from either.

“Think of all those nasty thoughts? Seriously, you with another wolf? What is wrong with you? Do you have no respect for me? Do I need to beat you into submission? I thought you were wiser than that.”

“Well, I don’t care what you think. You don’t know me or anything about me, so don’t try to control me.” My eyes shot lasers at him.

“You are going to learn submission, even if I have to kill you. Good thing you can’t die.” He said, looming.

“I would rather die than have you treat me like a juvenile wolf,” I snarled, launching at him before he closed the distance between us.

He grabbed me by the throat easily while I saw still suspended and slammed me to the ground. That was three ribs right there. My mouth hung open as a raspy, bloody gasp gurgled out of my throat, my eyes filled with tears and airflow to my lungs halted. Gosh, he was strong and there is no way I’ll beat him in a head-on fight. I never thought I’d be doing this, but if Mother ever saw a mere wolf getting the better of her so-called better breeds, she would cut off her hair.

I grabbed his upper arm and looked at him, the swell of energy laying in the pit of my stomach, laying dormant swelling even more with the emotion and desperation I pumped into it, lighting and warming up my body the familiar sensation of energy and power, the caress of magic rumbling through my veins filling my senses and before I knew it he was air bound. He flew across the room and slammed into the wall. But that wasn’t enough, so I pushed even further, letting the energy out in an enormous wave that he broke out of the room and fell into the hallway. Splinters and pieces of wood were scattered all over the floor. He got up and looked at me, his eyes becoming lighter. He snarled.

Shit!

I ran to the farthest corner of the room and looked down through the window. Like hell, I was going to make it. He had already shifted to his wolf form. The monstrous sight. “What? You want to jump?” He growled. “Let me help your hesitation” before I could react he ploughed into me.

The force of it all sent us both flying through a five-storey room as the wall gave way because of the impact. He held me down as we fell. Aiding to the pull of gravity on our bodies, he used me as a mattress to buttress his fall. I smashed into the ground. His crushing weight pushing me deeper still.

I swear, the deaths I faced in my life I wouldn’t even wish on the moon goddess or mother. Then he stepped aside and walked a few feet away while I just lay there, trying to breathe without damaging my lungs any further. I struggled to hold in the cough, but the blood still splattered everywhere. My entire face was covered in blood. Most people would feel numb in this situation, but most people would also be dead in this situation. The pain I was in was beyond explanation.

“Seriously, is that it? Get up, Iris, you want to be stubborn huh, get up,” Malik’s wolf snarled at me. I underestimated him. He was just mad! How can you even do this to your mate? Oh my goodness, I am mated to a demon. This was worse than the time I jumped into Alpha Eli’s pack. Or even Abel’s torture. Okay, wait, was that worse? No, every time I am in this situation is the worst, there is no ranking the pain right now. This is utter anguish. My clothes started feeling moist, and I was sure blood had already pooled all around my body. It was no question of how many bones were broken, all of them were.

I could hear gasps from the pack, ooh sorry to wake you. It’s just a little spat between your Alpha and I. Don’t worry, I won’t die so easily. I struggled to keep my eyes open, not to give in to the darkness that called to me, gently nudging me along. Suddenly I got an idea since all my bones were already broken. I tried to shift, everything would be faster in wolf form. I knew my wolf was like a small poodle compared to Malik’s, but size isn’t always everything, I was fast, and I would use that to my advantage.