Chapter Thirty two

I stared at the chaos unfolding in front of my eyes, the confusion I had been a medium to cause. I looked at Malik, his bruises already healing. He stared at the pack, a grim look on his face. I didn't know what to do. I felt weak; it was apparent she exhausted my body.

"I'm so sorry," I whispered to Malik, but it was loud enough to be heard.

"Iris, tell me what happened." I couldn't tell if he was mad through the tone of his voice. He held a poker face as well. I couldn't detect his emotions.

"Alpha!" Leonard ran to us from the crowd. He paused slightly when he saw me, cautious. "Luna?"

My gaze ping-ponged between the both of them, not sure what to do. I bit my lip and lowered my head; it was getting too much for me. "I'm sorry. Right now, I need to be alone. I turned around to run into the woods, but Malik's fingers wrapped around my upper arm and he held me back.

"Like hell I'm letting you go, Iris. After that entire scene, you're trying to run away?"

He wasn't entirely wrong there, but how could I just stay as if everything was okay? I felt used and worthless.

"You guys can't be serious. The entire pack should hate me about now. Both of you should hate me right now." I looked at both of them.

"I can never hate you, Luna. It's not like you intended to destroy the pack." Leonard sighed, running his hand through his hair.

Malik turned me to face him. "Iris, don't ever assume anything in this world would ever make me hate you. You are my better half. You complete me."

I shook my head and stepped back, "this isn't right! You should scream, say you hate me. You punish me, aren't you the feared and heartless Alpha? Look what I did to your pack! Look how I keep messing up, please just hate me, it'll be easier, because I don't know what to do. I can't stay here like this. Why?"

Malik took a step to match the one I took, a step towards me. "I am all those things and more, but to you, I am a mate, I didn't say I would only love you when you're at your best because then I should never have loved you-" he chuckled "I love you because the moon mirrored my heart with yours, I am not me without you Iris. Please don't pull away. It took a lot to get you to accept don't let your mother win."

I blinked back my tears and nodded. I am no longer in the west. I love now and I'm loved. I am not just a witch or a wolf. He is a part of me. "How did you know it wasn't me?"

"Oh, she made it quite clear, all the nonsense she was saying." Leonard shook his head.

"So what now? How are we going to explain to the pack that we are under war, a war that I brought?"

"Well, first of all, Luna, we have been at war with the witches from the beginning of time. Don't flatter yourself," Leonard winked at me and I smiled. Malik growled. I was starting to love the sound.

"And I ask you what to do now. You're the witch, after all." Malik scowled.

"Well, I am clearly still connected to my mother, and since leaving is not an option, I need to weaken the bond if not destroy it permanently. What did she even say to you?" I raised my brow, curious.

Leonard shuddered, and Malik's whole body stiffened.

"It doesn't matter," he grunted back, clearly affected.

I stepped closer to him and touched his arm. "Hey, you can tell me."

He cleared his throat. "You're just as treacherous as your mother, and if you think you're going to win, then forget it. I'll take what you care for using what you love the most and end you finally." He looked at me with an are-you-satisfied look. "Basically threats," he shrugged.