Chapter four

Gosh, I really need to stop imagining things! I scolded myself. After the last time we were captured, I still had nightmares, and Aria and I were still on the run. Even after eight long months, I have never been so terrified in life. Now we are running and I guess the tension of it all is getting to us.

Grabbing the herbs I need, I run to Aria, but I don't see her there. I mean, she couldn't have healed on her own, right? No way I can swear I heard her spine crack. It can't be possible, and this scenario is far too familiar. It couldn't be, nope I refuse to believe it.

"Aria!" My grip tightens and my legs move before I even will them to. I called out to her once more, but was rewarded with more silence. I stopped for a bit, panting hard from exhaustion even though I hadn't run very far. Patting my chest, I try to calm my raging heart, yet my over-imaginative mind does not seem to cooperate. Besides, we have been captured one too many times for my mind to remain calm. "I have your friend!" a voice chilling voice called out from behind me. I almost tripped trying to stop my running. Looking around, greenery, chirping birds and tree trunks dulling my vision as I frantically looked around for the source of the voice.

"WHERE IS SHE!?" I yelled in no direction, really.

Then, a blond wolf stepped out from behind me. It was perplexing, the sudden appearance. I was cautious while I still looked around, waiting for whoever spoke to come out from hiding. My breaths came out in puffs and I could feel my heart pounding in my chest.

"Calm down I can smell you sweat from all the way over here," the wolf spoke, the freaking wolf spoke. Huh? I was so lost right now I couldn't even think- a talking wolf-Wait a minute... wait a minute.

OH MY GOSH! It was them, cunning, wicked, brutal, strong, and practically mythical wolves that were as much a wolf as there were humans. No control or fight, it was 50/50, no struggle or battle. It didn't hurt when they turned. I felt so many things standing in front of this wolf. Awed, surprised, flabbergasted, humbled? Ha! No way. I am never humbled, but most of all, terrified. They were rumored to have absolute brutality against rogues. Not that I ever heard of anyone that had seen one, was probably because the person never came out from an experience. They were basically legend, as if they were not on the face of the earth, secluded and cut off from the rest of the world. He stood at least three feet taller than I did in human form, towering over me.

DAMN WAS I FUCKED!

I didn't know what to do, so I knelt down and bowed, yeah I was humbled. "Mr. blond talking wolf, sir-" he was blond as a werewolf, yes. There were rare, but they existed. "I know that there is nothing I could do to stop you from killing me right now, but I would advise otherwise, because it would be a total waste of both our times." I looked up and smiled. That was humble enough, right?

He growled, well apparently not.

"You little mutt," he huffed. "You are going to regret mocking me in that way."

"Mock you?!" I got up quickly. "Oh, but I would never do that!" Why do people always doubt my sincerity?

"I swear I admire your courage little one-" Little one? Who did he think he was, god? "I really do," he said, walking closer to me and I moved back. I swear I think I saw the wolf smirk, but it could have just been me. "But don't worry, you still have time to live because I would personally love to kill you myself. Slowly and painfully."

I was going to say more, but while I can't die, I could still clearly feel pain. A lot of pain. So, for the first time in my life, I held my tongue.

**************************

"Hey watch it!" I yelled as a pair of angry and horny teenagers that were clearly over-excited to be handling a female shoved me inside a cell. "Perverts," they just laughed. The room was so dark I struggled to see, so I decided to do the one thing I could to get out of this situation... dream. I was trying to find a nice spot to sleep until I heard a faint whimper. Aria! "Oh my gosh, Aria!" I scrambled over to her, and she was fading fast. I dropped the herbs I carried, that was bad! I guess I would have to do it the painful way then.

Wincing as my canines pushed out of my gum and pierced against my lower lips. I lifted my wrist to my mouth and bit into my wrist. Making sure to pierce into the vein so I could bleed out, a lot of blood. I put my bleeding wrist in front of Aria's lips, I whispered to her, "here drink and concentrate on this. I'm going to need you to be quiet because this is going to hurt." My nails elongated as well, and I dug them into her back, plunging my fist right in there. I bit back a scream as she bit down hard on my wrist. I could feel all my blood pooling in my hands. My other hand located where the dislocation was and snapped it back to place, then I pulled my arm out roughly so all the bad blood could flow out. Eventually, she stopped struggling and I could tell she was no longer in pain. That's good, as I also started to get very dizzy, feeling the weight of the world. I fell to the ground. Ugh, I am so tired. I guess some sleep won't hurt, right?

**************************

"Get up" I woke up so groggy, gosh these people, a girl needs to rest after all that blood. I get that I'm immortal and shit, but I still need rest. A lot of rest.

"Wait, can't I just rest a bit? I don't have the energy to face anyone right now," I yawned and tried to lie back down, but he didn't let me, no surprise.

"You're not gonna need it although Beta Klaus said he would be taking care of you specially this night," the boy said as he dragged me. He looked like a teenager, but I was sure he was a couple of years older. I shouldn't be referring to him as a boy.

"Take care of me?" I slurred, "well isn't he kind?" I added and beneath my arm, his chest rumbled as he chuckled.

"When he is done with you, kind will be the last thing on your minds."

"Minds?"

"Oh yeah, you and your redhead friend, a feisty one if you ask me."

Feisty, huh? That means she is fine, thank heavens. At least one good thing happened this night. We got to the circle where there was the largest bonfire I have ever seen, and trust me, werewolves were talented at bonfires, but this was extraordinary. It was as tall as the pine trees we left behind in the forest and so large. Unlike most bonfires, which were sticks and logs gathered to form a heap to keep the fire burning, the bodies of actual trees were placed to form a pyramid, and the fire was so intense I couldn't tell what it was burning from within. All I knew was that I felt so hot! I couldn't believe such heat existed. It was almost intoxicating.

He set me down, (a gentle wolf finally) and tied my hands to a wooden bar. I was kneeling so close to the fire that it felt like I would be set ablaze. I saw Aria, but she was so far away. Then I heard that chilling voice again, talking about why there were gathered and how rogues were the enemy, and why there were killing us. Yeah, right, I heard that a thousand times, just justify yourselves. Killing your own kind just because of the one percent of crazies. We are living things as well, and which wolf would purposely choose isolation?

"I'll start with you then." I felt this chill run down my spine gosh, this guy scared the crap out of me. He had changed back to human form and all I could say was that he was a pretty impressive-looking guy. I don't see why that was what I was thinking, but it was his hair matched his fur and his eyes were brown. He wore jeans, only jeans.

"Hey look, I will try to not annoy people anymore. Please don't hurt me."

"Oh honey, I'm not only gonna hurt you, but you are also dead today."

Oh my, here we go again. I'll just have to let him learn the painful way, and I meant that pain in literal terms for me. I cannot die, yet I was vividly reminded every time the attempt was made how alive I was by the excruciating pain I was constantly put through. I hate my life.

Curse the Moon goddess!!!