Chapter Thirty

After I got myself off the floor, I marched straight to Absalom's apartment, although I had no idea where that was. It was my first time in the pack's estate. As I passed through the houses, it was still early. The sun had just started to rise, but it was beautiful. The houses weren't anything extravagant, but they were classy, modern, and cozy. No wonder everyone preferred their own place, rather than living together in the pack house.

I should have thought this through. Now I was in the middle of a street with no directions whatsoever. All the houses didn't even look the same, they all had different architectures. The money it must have cost.

"By chance Luna, are you looking for someone?" A small, strangely familiar voice spoke from behind me. I turned around and saw a little blond girl, about eight or nine, holding groceries.

"I know you, don't I?" She nodded enthusiastically.

"You saved my papa's life, remember?" her green eyes widened. Ah.

"The beta, yeah?" I smiled.

"Yeah, Abel Klaus." wow, no I didn't know which I hated more, the annoying blond wolf or the fact that his daughter had to have a father that bore two first names. I stifled my laughter. Although she looked a lot like her pa she was too cute. I couldn't hurt her feelings like that.

"So whatcha doing outside this early, worse carrying grocery?" I bent down to level with her.

"Well, my dad is watching the borders and my mom is taking care of the new baby, so I have to take responsibility." She stood straighter, feeling proud of herself. Awwn so cute.

"That's really mature, Scarlett." I smiled.

"You know my name?!" She squealed.

"Of course."

"That really means a lot, Luna. I can't believe it, I'm so going to tell all the kids at school. You're so cool they'll totally be jealous," she giggled, jumping up and down, making the bread at the top bop with her.

"So Scar, do you know where Absalom stays?" Deciding to use a nickname to boost her already growing ego.

"The Alpha's best friend? Yes!" She squealed yet again. The people of this pack really had reoccurring traits.

She grabbed my arm and led me back the way I came. Great Iris, you even passed the house. What a wonderful witch.

"You know, ever since you came into the pack, the boys have really started respecting themselves in school. You're so cool with the way you challenged our Alpha and stayed alive," she rambled on and on, boosting my ego. Honestly, it felt so nice to hear that the people of the pack didn't feel disgusted by the fact I was a witch.

"Everyone is even more afraid of you than the Alpha himself, oooh it so dope that you're here"

Okay one, Malik would not be pleased to hear that.

And two, dope? What is this last year?

"Here we are," she stopped in front of a glasshouse. Yes, and I said glass, but it was that two-way glass. You could only see your reflection, but not the inside. And it was shaped like the letter L.

"Thanks so much, Scar," I bent down and held out my pinky. "Anything you need, I'll grant you one wish, okay?"

She linked pinkies with me and nodded. "I'll get going now, bye."

I smiled at her retreating figure and walked okay fine, jumped over the gate. But I guess if you don't have to climb, it isn't trespassing, right? Oh, whatever I'm a Luna I can do what I want. Okay fine, I'm not yet Luna, I'm desperate.