Author's Note

Hello readers!

Hello readers!

Thank you for checking out "For Those Who Don't Believe in Love Songs."

I've labeled it 'mature,' but it's probably closer to PG-13 than R. There's a moderate amount of cursing and a small amount of sexuality and violence. And, while not the main focus of the novel, suicidal thoughts and attempts factor into the plot.

I've broken up my longer chapters in an effort to keep the individual parts under 3k words. However, if you have the time and the endurance, I would advise reading the chapters in one sitting. I've tried to give each its own arc/theme which might not resonate as clearly if broken up.

With the exception of a brief detour, the story takes place in the mid-90's.  As such, there will be era specific references within the dialogue.  Blame it on Joss Whedon.  Blame it on Amy Sherman-Palladino (Did I just make two pop culture references to explain my pop culture references?  Yes.  Yes I did).  Honestly, I just wanted my characters talk as teenagers would have talked in the mid-90's and bond over its pop culture as every generation does.  But I understand many Wattpadders were not yet born in the mid-90's.  For those who don't understand the references, I apologize.  Or, I don't know...  Google that ish.

Feel free to leave criticism. I welcome any and all feedback.

Thanks again and I hope you enjoy!