Chapter 2: Mother Knows Best

Rapunzle was putting away her paint. *Sighing*, "This it! This a very big day, Pascal." Closing the paint box. Rapunzle chuckles. "I'm finally going to do it. I'm going to ask her."

Pascal climbs onto her shoulder. "Rapunzle!" Mother Gothel calls from below. Rapunzel gasp in excitement. "Let down your hair!" Mother Gothel calls up to her. "It's time." Pascal stood tall like a soldier. "I know, I know. Come on. Don't let her see you." She tells Pascal to hide. Gripping the wall of  the most recent painting. Pascal changes his color of his scales darker as Rapunzle closes the curtains.

Mother Gothel calls back up to Rapunzle. "Rapunzle! I'm not getting any younger down here!" "Coming mother!" Rapunzle races over to the single window where Mother Gothel stood looking up at towards Rapunzle. While she hooks her hair onto the hook and tosses the rest of her hair down towards the ground. Mother Gothel grabs it and looping it around her foot and let Rapunzle pull her  up to the tower.

As Gothel made it to the window. "Hi. Welcome home, mother." Rapunzle greets her half panting from pulling her up the tower. "Ah, Rapunzle, how  you manage to do that every single day without fail. It looks absolutely  exhausting darling."

"Oh, it's nothing." Rapunzle says. "Then I don't know why it takes so long." Laughing. "Oh, darling, I'm just teasing." Mother Gothel teasingly. Rapunzle laughs nervously. "Alright. So, mother, as you know tomorrow is a very big day." Mother Gothel removes the cloak and stood in front of the mirror looking herself over. "Rapunzle, look in the mirror." Mother Gothel pulls Rapnuzel next to her.

"You know what I see? I see a strong, confident, beautiful  young lady. Oh you here too." Mother Gothel sarcastically comments. "Haha. I'm teasing. Stop taking everything so seriously." Mother Gothel goes back to examining herself in the mirror.

"Okay. So, Mother, as I was saying, tomorrow  is.." "Rapunzel, Mother's feeling a little run-down. Would you sing to me dear? Then we'll talk." Mothel Gothel interrupts her. "Oh! Of course, Mother!!" Rapunzle early says.Then quickly grabs her a chair. Then grabs Mother Gothel and sets her down and quickly hands her a brush and hair.

Flowergleamand glowletyoupowermaketheclockreversebringbackwhatoncewasmine

"Wait!" Mother Gothel shouts trying to brush the glowing hair as she begins to age.

Healwhathasbeenhurtchangethefates'design
Savewhathasbeenlost
Bringbackoncewasmine!

"Rapunzle!" Mother Gothel shouts/scolds her. "So, Mother,earlier I was saying tomorrow is a big day, and you didn't respond. So I'm just going to tell you, it's my birthday!" Rapunzle said laughing holding Mother's arm. "Ta-da!"

"No, no, no. Can't be." She said pushing Rapunzle off her. "I distinctly remember. Your birthday was last year." Mother Gothel says to her. "That's the funny thing about birthdays. They're kind of an annual thing." Rapunzle points out.

Sighing Rapunzle sits down. "Mother, I'm turning 18, and wanted to ask.. *sigh* what I really want for this birthday... actually what I wanted for quite a few birthdays now..." Rapunzle begins to mumble and running her hands over her hair. 

"Rapunzle, please, stop with the mumbling. You know I feel about the mumbling. Blah-blah-blah-blah. It's very annoying! I'm just teasing.  You're adorable. I love you so much darling." Mother Gothel says pinching her cheeks.

As Mother Gothel walks away. Pascal squeaks causing Rapunzle looks over. Pascal motions for her to go for it.

"I WANT TO SEE THE FLOATING LIGHTS!" Rapunzle blurts out.  "What?" Chuckles Mother Gothel. As she pauses what she was doing. "I was hoping you would take me to see the floating lights." Rapunzle reveals her painting she made earlier.