Chapter 8: Magic Hair and the Wolf's Tale

Water was rushing in through the gasps. Quickly everyone scrambled to back as it rushes in. Quickly Flynn dives down as both girls try to avoid the water.

Valor never felt this scared before. Now being tapped was bad enough but the water coming in didn't help. Flynn reapers only to dive back down quickly Valor pushes against the wall of rocks as Rapunzle tried breaking it with her frying pan. "Come on. Come on. Budge." Valor pleads. Water was soaking through her clothes quickly.

Flynn resurfaces. And tries to break the wall with his shoulder. Pulling on the rocks. He gasped in pain as it cut him. Rapunzle looks on with shock. "Come guys we can't stop now we have to get out." Valor said with urgency. Trying not to show how scared she was feeling.

"There's no use. I can't see anything." Flynn tells them. Valor gulps her wide icy blue eyes looking around. Unlike Flynn she could see but, it the water was too dark even for her.

Rapunzle tried diving but, Flynn pulls her up. "Hey, there's no point. It's pitch black down there." Flynn said as everyone calms down.

"It's all my fault. She was right. I never should have done this." Rapunzle states. "I'm so.. I'm so sorry Valor, Flynn." Rapunzle apologizes. Valor moves over to her. Resting a hand on her shoulder. "Eugene." Flynn said. "Flynn is not the time." Valor states. "What?" Rapunzle asked him. "My real name is Eugene Fitzhetbert." Flynn explains. Valor chuckles. "Someone might as well know." Flynn said.

"If we're telling the truth here. I'm not fully human. I'm well a werewolf." Valor adds. "That explains a lot especially those teeth." Flynn comments.

Rapunzle sniffs. "I have magic hair that glows  when I sing." Rapunzle tells them.

"What?" Valor and Flynn said in shock. "I have magic hair that glows when I sing!" Rapunzle repeats. "Hurry!" Valor whines.

Flower gleam and glow
Let your power shine!

Just then Valor gasped as the water enclosed them. With eyes open she couldn't see anything until a golden glow came to life. Valor stares in shock as the hair brought light into the water. Flynn gasp but quickly covers his mouth.

Quickly they swam down to the rocks. Flynn, Rapunzle and Valor began pulling them part. 'Please lead us out.' Valor begs.

Just then Flynn breaks trough. And everyone is thrown into the river. Coughing they grip the bank. All live and soaking wet.

"We made it." Rapunzle says. Valor pulls herself up onto the bank breathing hard. Yet smiles with relief.

"Her hair glows."

"We're alive! I'm alive!"

I didn't see that coming."

"Eugene! Valor!"

Valor walks over to Rapunzle. Helping her pull the rest of her hair out of the water.

"The hair actually glows."

"Eugene!"

"What!"

Clearly Eugene was still in shock. Valor rings out her hair. "It doesn't just glow." Rapunzel in forms him. "It doesn't?' Valor asked frowning. "What else.. *sneezes*..  what else Can it do?" Valor asked rubbing her arms as she walks about trying to get herself warm. Rapunzle smiles.

"All gang it's late let just set up camp for the night." Eugne said. "Yes, please." Valor said with a smile. Glad to have a break.

So they walk father into the forest away from the river. Valor shift into her wolf form and runs about. Drying herself off even more. Eugene watches. As Valor rolls on the ground like a house pet. "I feel like I'm living a fairy tale," he said.