Chapter 12: One last Miracle

They raced through the forest. Everything was flying fast her. Leaping over trees logs. They never broke their strides. Valor began panting as she ran. But, she wasn't going to give up yet. Breaking through the ivy. The tower greeted them. Eugene leaps off Max as Valor slows down shifting back.

"Rapunzel? Rapunzel, let down your hair." Valor looks over at him. "Come on Rap." She said slightly panting. They watched as the hair was tossed down. Eugene quickly runs to it. "Come on." He said quickly climbing it. Valor hurried after.

As Eugene enters. "Rapunzel. I thought I'd ever see you again? Huh?" Rapunzel sat tied up. Then from behind something jabs him in his side. "Aghhh!" Valor climbs but. "Eugene!" Jumping in right in front of Mother Gothel. Gothel swung their dagger back.

The blade jabs into her throat. Gasping she staggered back clasping her hand over the wound. Collapsing onto her knees. Coughing as blood streams quickly between your fingers. Her icy colored eyes turn silver. As she glares at Mother Gothel.

Crawling over to Eugene. "H-hang o-on." She gasped in pain. Valor bit her lip. "Now look at what you've done, Rapunzel.  Oh, don't worry, dear. Our secret will die with them." Valor growls. Press her hand tighter over the wound.

Eugene curling in. Coughing loudly. While Vakor thumbs through her bag with her other hand. Rapnuzel began fighting Mother Gothel as she began his dragged away. "As for us." Valor looks up watching her. "We are going where no one will ever find you again." Gothel said pulling her to the exit.

Pascal leaps down grabbing the red dress pulling it. Mother Gothel kicks him. Pascal hits the wall.

"Rapunzel, really." Gothel grunts trying to pull her to the exit. "Enough all ready! Stop fighting me!" She demands. "No! I won't stop!" She said freeing the gag. Valor blinks and smiles. Eugene groans and coughs.

Valor keeps her free hand on his wound. "J-Just *gasp* h-hold on." She chokes out. Looking from Eugene to Rapunzel. Worry in her icy colored eyes.

"I won't stop for every minute of the rest of my life, I will fight! I will never stop trying to get away from you!" Rapunzel shouts out. "But..  if you let me save them, I will go with you."

"No! *grunts* No, Rapunzel!" Eugene said moving. Valor nodded. Her icy blue color was back in her blue eyes. She stares wide eyed at her. "Raps." She gasped. Wincing in pain. "I'll never run. I'll never try to escape. Just let me heal them and you and I will be together,  forever, just like you want. Everything will be the way it was. I promise." Pascal stares with wide eyes. "Just like you want. Just let me heal them."

-line break-

Valor growls as Eugene was cuffed. Mother Gothel looks at her as Rapunzel runs over to them. "Val, Eugene!" Eugene gasps and coughs.

Valor watches. "I'm so sorry. Everything is going to be okay, though." Rapunzel tells them. Valor grins. Watching them. Slowly she moves putting herself between them and Gothel.

Rapunzel grabs her hair. "No, Rapunzel." Eugene tells her. But Rapunzel lays her hair over him still. "I promise. You have to trust me. Come on just breathe." Rapunzel tells him. Valor slowly crawls closer.

"E-Eugene. Breathe." Valor rasp out. The bleeding was slowly stopping as she pressed her hand over both hair as wound. "I can heal you too Val." The girl shakes her head. "Him first Rap." Rapunzel nods. "Right breathe trust me." Rapunzel tells him.

Valor removes her other hand from her neck and presses harder onto Eugene's wound. Blood trickled from her own cut but no stream came. "I can't let you do this." Eugene grunts in pain. "And I can't let you die." Rapunzel ads.