Chapter 4

Mia P.O.V.

I watch him walk out of the cafe and jog around the corner. Does he really like me? Why wouldn't he? The guy confessed to trying to kill my father but the police was too scared to put him in jail. I guess that is the world we live in. I tell my friends that I have to go and I will talk to them later. I just needed to clear my head. Emma says ¨ Okay I will text you when I get home.¨ I say ¨Okay.¨ I walk out of the cafe and turn the corner to the direction my house is but is pushed back by a hard chest. Before I can fall these strong hands hold me in place. I look up to see Noah. I say ¨We need to stop meeting like this.¨ He said ¨ Yea but it just seems like you don't watch where your going.¨ With that sentence we both start laughing. He realized  he was still hanging on to me and just let go. I say ¨How was your first day of school.¨ He says ¨well there was this really hot girl I met but we did get to really meet she just bumped into me, but she was sweet enough to say sorry.¨ I chuckle. I say ¨ Well that girl seems pretty respectful. You should ask her out sometime and just shoot your shot.¨ He smile that made his beautiful teeth show. He says ¨ Do you want to go on a date with me tomorrow?¨ I say ¨ yeah here is my number and you decide what we are going to do.¨ He pulls out his phone and I put in number. I say ¨ See you around Noah.¨ He says ¨you to Mia.¨ Then I start walking home. I got to my house and open the door to hear gun shots. I jump at the sound of the shot and see my mom got shot in the head and slide down the wall. I close the door and run down the street. I pull out my phone and call Noah. Noah says ¨ Hey you calling me that quick you miss me already.¨ I say ¨ Noah someone just shot my mom and I have no where else to go and I don't know what to do.¨ He says ¨ I am on my way.¨ I wait at the bench near my house but far enough to where I can't see my house. A black car pulls up and Noah hopes out. He says ¨ Where is your house.¨ I raised my shaky hand and pointed my hand towards my house. He says ¨Wait in the car.¨ He runs towards my house and I hear a couple of gunshots and he is back within seconds. I say ¨Are you okay I heard gunshots.¨ He says ¨I am fine just get in the car.¨ I say ¨My mom is in there still.¨ He says ¨I am sorry but she is dead now please come on so I can get you somewhere safe. ¨ I get in the car and he pulls off. I zone out and don't hear anything but the gun shots that I heard, and the image of my mother's dead body. I want to know who did this and why and when I do I will kill them.