Chapter 46: Front Men Confront Colossus

Yay! Let's here from Leed! He's going to take us somewhere we've never been in the Soundcrush story before...the label headquarters! Should be an interesting couple of chapters!

Bon Jovi's "It's My Life" seems like the right song for Leed's attitude in the second part of this chapter and thoughts on his situation in the music industry.  Plus, ya know,  there's never a bad time for a Bon Jovi song....

Leed

I've seen my share of sexual shit, and heard plenty more around the LA scene.

But I'm unprepared for Ashlynn's response to our very vigorous sex.

I'm sweaty and triumphant and every little detail seems sharp as fuck, but after we climax together, she feels boneless in my arms. Like dead wait. I rub her back for a few minutes, me standing between her legs, still in my jeans, her, draped all over me. When I tell her regretfully that we should probably think about heading to my house because I left Ollie and the nanny sleeping, and I don't feel great about the way I left suddenly, Ashlynn makes no move to rouse. She just giggles and rocks her forehead against my collarbone. She seems...beyond fuck-drunk.

"Ash? Baby?" I ask.

No answer. Just a sigh, and her breath warm and wet on my skin.

Once I tip her head back and inspect her face, I get it.

She can't make decisions. She's that high. Lost in neurochemical bliss.

I wipe her sweaty forehead, trying to memorize every single inch of her face. Nothing has ever moved me like the limp weight of her against me and the way her hazy look tries to focus on me.

"That was...soooooo good," she smiles weakly.

"Yeah? You like it like that?" I don't have to ask, I watched her face the entire time, and I know she was with me. I just didn't realize she would float away like this, because sexing her like that has made me feel more alive and alert than I ever have. And I needed that, too—even though I didn't realize it until we got started. I needed to make her mine, all over again. Decidely.

"Sometimes," she sing-songs, and I think there is not enough room in my chest for my heart anymore. I feel so full of love for her.

I kiss her damp forehead. I'm not sure how best to care for her, but I let my instincts rule. "Come on, Sunshine. Let's get a shower."

Somewhere under the stream of warm water, she recovers herself.

She looks up at me with completely focused amber eyes. "Hi," she says a little shyly.

I squeeze shampoo onto her head. "Hi."

As I massage her hair, she frowns slightly, but then she tucks it back, turning away, taking over the shampooing of her hair.

I think she's embarrassed about the sex we just had, the way she liked letting me use her body. "It's okay to like it rough, Ashlynn. It doesn't mean you're a bad person. It means you're a strong person that is comfortable enough with herself to know what she likes, and ask for what she needs."

She nods. "I know."

I turn her around. "Do you?"

She nods firmly. "Yeah."

"So what's wrong?"

She shakes her head as she rinses her hair, but the tiny frown is back.

"Tell me," I wheedle, putting my hands to her waist.

"It's nothing." She moves away quickly, twisting her scar out of my grasp.

Wow. Shit. That's the first time I've touched her scar that bothered her. My insides twist. I hate the fact I caused her discomfort.