Rebound

Knock! Knock!

I checked the clock, its past midnight already.

"Aish! Wait a sec!" I shouted.

I swear whoever you are make sure you have a valid reason to disturbed my sleep. I said to myself.

I checked the peephole first only to see my bestfriend Jennie, crying.

Sh*t.

I immediately open the door.

"Jen? What happened." I asked worriedly.

"Lili." She rushed and pull me for a hug. Her face on the crook of my neck. I just let her cry while rubbing her back and when I know she's already calm I pull away and guide her inside my condo.

"Seat first, I'll get you glass of water." I said to her and she just nodded.

When I returned, the tears keep on pouring to her eyes.

I sit beside her and hand the glass of water.

"What happened Jen? Why you here this late and crying? Are you okay?" I asked.

"Its, its Kai, I, ahm, he's, he's cheating on me. I, I saw him with other girl." She said still crying. I gritted my teeth because of anger but I can't also deny the fact that I'm hurt, fvcking hurt.

I'm in love with Jennie Kim for a long time now. She's aware about it but she said she can't return the feelings since she's in a relationship and in love with someone else. As her friend I accepted that fact, I said its okay, as long as she's happy, I can be happy, or that's what I thought.

"Help me Lisa? Please? Help me to move on?" She begged and I gulped.

I know its wrong, if I agreed to her there's a big possibility I'll get hurt in the end but I can't also deny the fact that I want her to be mine, even I'm just her rebound.

I nodded.

"I will Jen." I said and kissed her forehead.

***

I was startled when I felt an arms wrapped around my waist but eventually relaxed when I realized who's the person behind it.

"Baby?" I turned around.

"Hi." Jennie greeted me with her gummy smile.

I cupped her face and peck her lips. She pouted again, indicating she wants more, so I leaned again to captured her lips, this time for much longer kiss.

When we're out of breathe, we hesitantly pull away but I'm still cupping her face while her hands still wrapped around my waist.

"What are you doing here? I told you I'll fetch you right?" I asked confused.

"Yes, but I miss you already." She said pouting again and it made my heart beats fast.

"Yah! Don't do that." I said to her.

"Do what?" She even raised her eye brow to act innocently.

"Like that, acting cute." I said the obvious.

"I'm not acting cute though, I'm really cute." She said grinning at me.

I just shake my head, I'll never win an argument to this lady so I let her be.

"I know baby but you're tempting me." I blurted and its too late for me to get back what I've said.

"Oww so you're tempted huh?" She even teased me.

"Jen stop it, I'm serious." I said seriously, if she kept doing this teasing I can't promise I'll behave.

"What? I'm just asking..." she said seductively and leaned to my ear to whisper her next words. ".....if you're tempted baby?" She said and I can't take it anymore. I grabbed her face and captured her lips.

We made love that night. For the first time since we became official that night, I totally believed that she's already mine.

***

Its our 1st year anniversary. For the passed months, our relationship been nothing but cloud 9.

I'm currently waiting for her, I made a reservation in one of her favorite restaurants.

She's already one hour late, we haven't seen each other for a week now. She said she's busy with their new project assigned to her so I let her be. One time I surprised her by picking her up after work but she got mad, she said there's no need for it and she can take care of herself. It made me confused, what's wrong if I just want to see her right? Though she immediately said sorry and I let that passed, she even spent the night with me, so I thought she's just tired and pressured because of the new project.

I kept calling her since the time her office hours ended but I can't contact her. I texted her last night and invited her for a dinner, she just replied okay so I thought she'll remembered. I know she always remember.

I was interrupted with my thoughts when I heard a familiar laugh. It made me smile instantly. My Nini, she's here. I know she'll come.

I reached for the bouquet and I'm about to welcome her when I noticed someone trailing behind her. Its Kai, her ex boyfriend, the one cheated on her, the very reason I became her rebound.

She didn't noticed me but when she did I saw the shocked in her face.

I gathered all the remaining strength in me and walked towards them.

I smiled bitterly. I handed her the flowers.

"Hi Jen, Happy Anniversary. I assumed my purposed as a rebound ended now. I hope you're happy now." I leaned in and kissed her forehead.

I saw tears escaped her eyes and as much as I want to removed those I can't....I have no longer the right.

The End.

One shot y'all. 😂

Thanks for reading! 💓