Death Bed

A/N:

Angst! Please don't read if you'll just blame me of being broken after. 😅

Lisa's POV

I'm currently on the bed with Niki, she's my best friend and I can also say the love of my life or that's what I've thought. We're hugging, her face buried in the crook of my neck.

I felt that she pull away and look up to me, I can now feel her breath on my lips. My eyes still closed but I know our faces or should I say lips are inch apart.

"Lis?" She called.

"Hmm?" I hummed and tighten my arms that wraps around her waist.

"I have a date with Jackson." She informed.

I stiffened and it made me opened my eyes.

"What?! I literally told you not to date a douche bag, Niki." I reminded her.

"I know Lis, but its been a while since Jackson started to court me, and during that span I never heard nor witness any thing bad. I mean he been nothing but nice to me. I'll give him a chance, I think I owe that to him." She explained and I gritted my teeth.

I hate the fact that I can't stop her. I have no right after all, I'm just a mere best friend.

I sighed.

"Just be careful. Tell me where you two will go, tell me everything okay?" I said protectively which made her giggled.

"You're cute, do you know that?" she said just to teased me.

I roll my eyes and pull her closer, so she'll return to her previous position. Her face buried my neck.

I heard that she sighed.

"Why don't you choose me instead? Why not me?" I asks.

"Lis, you know even if I want, we can't. You can't." She said sadly.

"I don't fvcking care." I pull away from our hug and seat down. I cover my face with my palms. I'm so frustrated because of our situation, of my situation. "Just say the word Niki and I leave her. I leave her for you, for us. Please, just tell me." I added pleading. I'm on the verge of crying.

"I can't Lisa, she's also our best friend. And she needs you more that anything. I, I can't take you away from her. I don't want to be selfish." She answered already crying. I know Niki loves me too but she's sacrificing as well because of our situation, because of our other best friend, because of my current girlfriend...JENNIE KIM.

It pained me more seeing her holding back, seeing her diverting her attention to other person just to get rid of her current feeling, just to get rid of the pain.

Well, my heart can't also hurt Jennie, I love her so much but just as a friend. I'll do everything for her even just to pretend that I love her, the way she loves me.

She's sick, Jennie Kim is sick. Her doctor gave her just a year or two to live. Well, if you're curious why I became her girlfriend? Her parents. They begged. They discovered how much Jennie loves me, loves me more than a friend so they asked a favor of courting their daughter and treat her as the best girl ever. I can say that its easy, I love Jennie and I care so much for her. My care and love can't be fake because all the things I do is because I love her, though just a friend. Niki and I are about to confess to Jennie about our feelings until this unfortunate event so even if its heart breaking for us to sacrifice our love, we decided to grant her parents wish. At the end of the day all I want is Jennie's happiness as well over mine, specially now. But sometimes there are times like this, times that I just want to give up because of the love I have for Niki but I needed to be strong, for Jennie.