I missed you

It had been a week since the defeat of Jadis - what felt like the a hundredth time they'd defeated her.
The Pevensies were all sat in Peter and Edmund's room, talking and playing games before bed.
"Checkmate." Edmund grinned at his brother.
Peter laughed. "You've certainly gotten very good at chess this past week." He said.
Edmund grinned even more. "I know." He said.
"Another game?" Peter suggested.
"Can I have a go?" Lucy asked, looking up from a book she was glancing through.
Peter looked up at her before moving his stare to the clock. "It's rather late Lu." He said. "It's half nine as it is."
"Half nine?" Susan said, sounding a little shocked. "No wonder I'm tired."
Peter smiled. "I think we're all tired." He said.
"I know I certainly am." Edmund mumbled, getting up from where he'd been lying on his stomach on his bed opposite Peter and standing, stretching. "I think I'm going to go to sleep."
"I think we all should." Susan agreed. "Come on Lu, say goodnight."
Lucy sighed but did as she was told, hoping up from her seat and wrapping her arms around Edmund's waist. "Night." She whispered.
Edmund smiled. "Goodnight Lu." He mumbled.
Lucy smiled back. "Love you." She said, her voice wobbling.
Edmund swallowed hard. "Love you too Lucy." He said. "Now, off to bed."
Lucy nodded before running off to give Peter a hug before following her sister out the room.
Edmund stared at the door for a moment before yawning, catching Peter's attention.
"Sleep." He said with a grin. "Now."
Edmund rolled his eyes playfully. "Yes dad." He muttered with a laugh, grabbing his pajamas.
Peter chuckled, sitting on the edge of his bed as Edmund unbuckled his belt from around his waist before slipping his tunic over his head.
Placing it on the bed Edmund looked down at his stomach, sighing slightly. "Do you reckon it will ever disappear?" He asked quietly.
Peter swallowed hard, standing and walking over to his brother. "I don't think so." He mumbled sadly.
Edmund only nodded, resting his head against Peter's chest.
Peter wrapped his arms around his little brother, kissing the top of his head.
"I want it to disappear." Edmund mumbled.
"I know you do Ed." Peter sighed. "But everything will be fine."
Edmund swallowed hard, nodding. "She's dead now." He said as firmly as he could.
"That's right." Peter said. "And she can never hurt you again."
Edmund smiled.
"Now, get changed and into bed." Peter said, letting his brother go as he took a step back.
Edmund smiled and grabbed his pajamas.
Once both brothers were ready Edmund climbed into his bed, Peter sitting beside him.
"You alright?" Peter asked?
"Y - Yeah." Edmund said, yawning before smiling at his brother. "Just tired."
Peter smiled lightly back. "You look tired." He said, before leaning down to give his brother a hug. "Night." He whispered in his ear.
"Night Peter." Edmund whispered back.
"See you in the morning." Peter smiled, pulling away and going to stand.
"See you in about an hour." Edmund mumbled quietly.
Peter frowned, turning back around a little. "What do you mean?"
Edmund stared at him. "Well, I'm going to wake up again within an hour or so." He said. "Because of nightmares."
Peter bit his lip. "Move over." He said, smiling a little.
Edmund hesitated. "You really need to sleep Peter." He said, looking rather guilty. "You don't need to be kept up by me all night."
Peter raised an eyebrow. "I'm going to get disturbed by you no matter which bed I sleep in." He said playfully.
Edmund couldn't help the small smile the crept onto his lips as he slowly moved over to give Peter room. "Not my fault your such a light sleeper." He said teasingly.
"Not mine either." Peter grinned, lying down and pulling the blankets over them both. Looking over at Edmund he saw him laying staring at him. Peter smiled a little, before raising his arm, nodding his head slightly.
Edmund shuffled over and curled up beside Peter, hugging him tightly and using his chest as a pillow. "Thanks." He mumbled.
Peter breathed out slowly as his arm wrapped tightly around Edmund's shoulders. "No problem." He said quietly. "One more thing before we go to sleep." He added.
Edmund frowned. "What?" He asked.
"What do you want for your birthday?" Peter asked with a smile.
Edmund raised an eyebrow. "It's not for another week and a few days, why do you wanna know now?" He said.
Peter chuckled. "Better to be prepared." He said, grinning at his brother.
Edmund shook his head, laughing a little. "I've already had the best early birthday present." He said quietly, his smile slowly disappearing.
Peter though still smiled down at him. "Which is?" He asked curiously.
The corner of Edmund's mouth twitched slightly before he sighed warmly. "You and the girls." He mumbled before closing his eyes.
Peter's eyes filled with tears as he stared at his brother, but his smile didn't disappear. "Love you Ed." He whispered.
Edmund smiled, keeping his eyes closed. "Love you too." He whispered back. "So much."

☆☆☆

"Edmund!" Peter shouted, shaking his brother as Edmund cried out in pain. "Ed wake up!"
It took a while, but soon enough Edmund's eyes shot open as he let out a strangled gasp. Catching his breath slightly he looked over to his right to see Peter, staring at him with an anxious look on his face. Calming down a bit, Edmund swallowed hard before sitting up, still shaking a little bit. "Time?" He said simply.
Peter hesitated, glancing at the clock. "2 am." He said.
"Hmm." Edmund said. "New record."
Peter sighed sadly. "Wanna talk about it?" He asked.
Edmund stared at him for a moment. "Not really." He said, lying back down and staring at the ceiling.
"That's fine." Peter mumbled, laying down beside him and pulling him into a tight hug.
"I would tell you." Edmund said. "It's just, a bit hard."
"I understand Ed." Peter whispered. "It must be hard reliving what you went through."
There was silence for a long while before Edmund spoke again. "I missed you, you know." He whispered. "The first time, when I was with Jadis."
Peter nodded slowly as his eyes filled with tears. "I know." He choked. "It missed you too, more than you'll ever know."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆
So, new book! Yay! Please let me know what you think!
Nina xx