Something's not right

By the time Peter got up to his room Edmund was already in bed, in his pajamas reading a book.
"You okay?" Edmund asked with a frown.
Peter nodded. "Just got some work to do." He replied with a small smile.
Edmund nodded before turning back to his book.
"You read too much." Peter teased.
Edmund grinned. "And you don't read enough." He said.
Peter raised an eyebrow. "I read." He said. "But just not as much as you do. You could finish three books in a day if you had the time."
Edmund laughed a little as Peter sat down at his desk. "I'd love to do that." He said.
Peter laughed. "Right." He mumbled, turning to his work.
He worked for at least two hours, before he turned back around to check on his brother.
He sighed sadly when he saw him fast asleep, still sat up leaning against the pillows with his book open on his lap.
Peter frowned slightly as he glanced at the clock. 8:30. He was rather confused, Edmund hardly ever fell asleep until at least ten o'clock, says he couldn't.
Biting his lip Peter stood from his chair and slowly walked over to his brother. Pulling the blanket back a bit he took the book from Edmund's hand and placed it open on his bedside table before lying his brother down.
Edmund groaned in his sleep as he buried his face into the pillows, luckily not waking up.
Sighing, Peter pulled the blankets up and wrapped them tightly around Edmund before sitting on the edge of the bed.
He sat there for ages, just staring at his brother, stroking the hair out of his eyes and resting a hand on his shoulder every now and then. He just sat and waited, waited for-
He swallowed hard when Edmund began to toss his head back and forth, a frown appearing on his face.
Peter sighed, just as he had expected, Edmund was having a bad dream. "Ed." He whispered, shaking his brothers shoulders slightly.
"No." Edmund whispered, trying to push Peter's hands away in his sleep.
"Edmund come on." Peter tried again. "It's just a dream, wake up."
"No." Edmund choked. "You're - You're dead."
"Edmund!" Peter shouted suddenly.
Edmund's eyes snapped open the minute he did as he let out a terrified gasp.
"Ed?" Peter asked softly, his hand now on his brothers shoulder.
Edmund slowly and hesitantly looked down at Peter, and relaxed completly when he did. "Pete." He choked, sighing as he slowly sat up.
"You okay?" Peter asked worridly.
Edmund shrugged. "Suppose." He mumbled, biting his lip.
Peter nodded slowly. "How come you fell asleep so early?" He questioned.
Edmund only frowned at him.
"You were asleep by half eight." Peter told him.
"What time is it now?" Edmund asked.
"Half nine." Peter replied.
Edmund looked slightly shocked. "Is that it?" He said.
Peter nodded.
Edmund sighed. "I'm just all of a sudden really tired." He muttered. "And I don't know why."
Peter hesitated. "Lucy said that everything might just be catching up with you." He said.
Edmund shrugged. "Maybe it is." He said quietly.
There was silence for a long while before Peter spoke again. "What did you dream about?" He asked cautiously.
Edmund stared at him. "She - She came back." He managed to choke out, tears filling his eyes.
Peter took a deep breath. "That's not going to happen Edmund." He said firmly. "She's dead."
Edmund nodded slowly, looking down at his lap. "I know." He mumbled.
"Look." Peter sighed. "Why don't you just go back to sleep? I'll finish up my work and then join you."
Edmund looked back up at his brother. "Sure." He said with a weak smile.
Peter smiled back slightly as Edmund lay down, pulling the blankets over himself. "I'm cold." He mumbled.
Peter frowned. "I'm actually quite warm." He said.
Edmund sighed but said nothing as he lay down.
Peter took a deep breath, taking hold of Edmund's hand. He frowned when he did though. "Ed your hands." He said. "They're ice cold."
Edmund frowned back at his brother, placing his other hand to his cheek, only for his eyes to go wide. "Peter?" He stuttered.
"No Edmund." Peter cut him off. "She doesn't have one drop of Adam's blood."
Edmund sighed. "I know." He mumbled.
"You might just be cold because it's nearly Autumn?" Peter shrugged.
"Possibly." Edmund replied quietly, burying both his hands under the blankets.
"Do you want me to put the fire on?" Peter asked.
Edmund hesitated. "But you're already warm enough." He said.
But Peter shook his head. "I'm fine." He said. "I'll put the fire on and see if it warms you up a bit."
Edmund smiled slightly. "Thanks." He whispered.
"No problem." Peter smiled. "Now, back to sleep." Giving Edmund a quick hug he stood from the bed, watching as Edmund turned onto his side and closed his eyes, before walking over to the fire.

☆☆☆

- The next evening -

"Race you to the dining room?" Peter said, smirking at Edmund.
Edmund smirked back. " oh you're on." He replied.
"1...2..." But before Peter got to three he ran, causing Edmund to shout after him. "You never said three!" With a laugh he ran off after his brother.
Peter chuckled as he rounded a corner, peering behind him to see Edmund only just starting to run. "You'll never catch me!" He shouted teasingly.
"I wouldn't be so sure about that!" He heard Edmund pant with a laugh.
Peter laughed too as he continued running. Not long after he reached the dining room door and turned around to wait for his brother.
After a few moments though he frowned, where was he?
Walking back the way he'd come, Peter peered around a corner and to his shock found Edmund kneeling on the floor, panting as he struggled to breath.
"Ed?!" Peter exclaimed, running over to his brother and kneeling in front of him. "Are you okay?" He asked quickly.
Edmund panted for a few more minutes, not looking at his brother before his breathing evened out enough for him to talk. "I - I just got really out of breath, really quickly." He said, taking a deep breath.
Peter frowned, by this point he was absolutely sure that somethings wasn't right. Edmund had gone to bed early last night. He'd fallen asleep by half past eight. He'd been absolutely freezing. He hadn't woken up until nearly eleven that morning. And now he was getting this out of breath by running for a few moments.
Something really wasn't right. But the question was, what was going on?

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆
Work it out! Work it out! 😤😤😂😂😂😂😂😂