I can't...

Peter sighed as he helped Edmund into bed, watching and he shivered.
Despite getting him dried and into clean clothes he was still really cold, and Peter was rather worried.
"You alright?" Peter asked, pulling the blankets up tightly around his brother before sitting on the bed.
Edmund nodded. "Yeah." He mumbled.
Peter nodded slowly, and then there was silence.
"I can't kill her." Edmund suddenly choked, making Peter jump slightly. "I can't."
Peter sighed sadly. "There's no such word as can't." He said softly.
Edmund just shook his head. "I can't kill her Peter." He repeated. "You know how skilled she is with a sword! And I'm not exactly the best swordsman in Narnia."
Peter bit his lip. "You're quite good actually." He said quietly.
"Not good enough to kill the white witch though!" Edmund exclaimed. "And if I can't kill her, then I'm just gonna get weaker and weaker until - until-" He paused, staring up at Peter. "What will happen if the spell can't be broken?" He choked.
Peter stared at his little brother, tears filling his eyes. "You - You'll-" He sighed, swallowing hard, unable to go on.
Edmund took a shuddering breath. "I'll die." He whispered. "Won't I?"
Peter looked down at the floor. "Yeah." He mumbled.
Edmund seemed to freeze for a moment before he took a deep breath. "So - if I can kill Jadis I break the spell?" He asked slowly, getting a small nod from Peter. "And if I don't kill Jadis, I die?"
Peter nodded again. "Yes." He choked.
"So either way I'm gonna die." Edmund choked.
Peter took a deep breath. "No Edmund." He said quickly and firmly. "You will kill the witch."
"How?!" Edmund exclaimed.
"You're stronger than you think you are Edmund." Peter answered gently.
Edmund sighed, shaking his head slowly. "I'm not strong." He choked.
"Well that's a lie." Peter said. "And don't even think about arguing with me." He said firmly when Edmund opened his mouth again.
Edmund sighed, looking up at the ceiling.
"I won't let her kill you Ed." Peter said. "We'll work together, trap her or something and then you'll kill her."
Edmund shook his head. "It's not going to be that simple Peter." He mumbled.
Peter bit his lip. "We don't even know where she is." He muttered to himself.
Edmund sighed. "Her castle." He said quietly.
Peter stared at him. "Probably." He sighed.
Edmund looked over at him again. "She's definitely there." He said. "I know she is."
Peter nodded as Edmund took a deep breath. "So I guess that's where we'll need to go." He choked suddnely.
Peter's eyes went slightly wide as he stared at his brother. "Ed?" He questioned.
Edmund took a deep breath. "Either way I'm gonna die, so I might as well try and stop that from happening instead of just sitting here doing nothing." He mumbled.
Peter swallowed down the lump in his throat as Edmund said this, telling himself not to cry.
"I'm gonna need alot more training though." Edmund said, attempting a laugh.
Peter nodded, shaking slightly. "I'm sure we can arrange that." He whispered.
Edmund stared at Peter for a while. "You are alright with this aren't you? Me trying to kill Jadis." He asked slowly.
Peter sighed. "I'd rather you didn't fight her." He choked. "But if you don't then you'll die, and if fighting the witch means that you'll live, then I want you to do it." He sounded rather unsure but Edmund nodded anyway.
"I'm scared." He choked. "The last time I decided to fight Jadis - well, you know what happened."
Peter sighed, pulling Edmund up and into a hug. "You'll be fine." He whispered in his ear. "And who says you even have to fight the witch?" He said suddnely. "We could just catch her and then you could just kill her."
Edmund sighed, shaking his head. "I have a horrible feeling that I will have to duel with her." He mumbled, his voice cracking.
"Well, you don't know that for sure." Peter said.
"I-" He was cut short when the door opened, Susan and Lucy walking in.
"How you feeling?" Susan asked as they walked over to the bed.
Edmund shrugged. "Still a bit cold." He said.
Susan nodded in understanding before she noticed the looks on both her brothers faces. "What's wrong?" She asked as Lucy sat beside Peter.
Peter hesitated. "Edmund's decided to fight the witch." He mumbled.
Susan's mouth dropped open and Lucy stared at Edmund, who swallowed hard and looked up at the ceiling.
"Are you sure?" Susan whispered.
Edmund sighed. "No." He said. "But what other choice do I have?"
Susan sighed as Peter placed a hand on Edmund's shoulder.
"Can I start my training tomorrow?" Edmund asked, glancing over at his brother.
Peter nodded, forcing a smile. "Course." He whispered.
Edmund smiled back, nodding slowly before sighing. "Question is, how am I gonna keep training if I keep getting weaker?" He said.
"You'll manage it." Peter choked hesitantly.
Edmund nodded. "I'll train for a few days then go after her then hopefuly kill her." He said after a short pause. "And hopefuly she'll be dead before my birthday." He added quietly.
Peter glanced down at Lucy, seeing the tears in her eyes as she stared at her older brother.
"I'm sure she will be." Peter mumbled.
There was silence for a long while before Susan finaly spoke. "Why don't you get an hour of sleep before dinner Ed?" She suggested.
But Edmund shook his head. "I don't want to." He mumbled.
Peter frowned a little. "Why not?" He asked.
"I just don't." Edmund said.
Peter sighed. "Alright." He gave in.
"Can we just have dinner now?" Edmund asked. "I'm hungry."
Susan nodded. "Of course." She said with a smile.
Edmund smiled a little as he pulled the blanket off of him and swung his legs over the side of the bed.
Peter had to quickly grab him as he stood though, stopping him from falling over. "Ed?" He said, gripping Edmund's arm.
"I'm fine Peter." Edmund said. "I'm fine."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆
😥😥😦😦😧😧❤