Keep warm

Peter swallowed hard as he rubbed his hand up and down Edmund's arm, trying his hardest to keep him warm. But Edmund was still shivering and his teeth still chattering.
Looking down at his brother made Peter's eyes fill with tears.
Edmund's eyes were closed, his lips were dark blue and he was as pale as a piece of paper, in all honesty he looked ill... really ill.
"P - Pe-" But Edmund was unable to finish and just went back to shivering, trying to move closer to Peter.
Peter swallowed hard and placed his other hand on the back of Edmund's head, playing with his wet hair. "It's gonna be okay.
Peter's eyes filled with tears as he watched his little brother shiver. Why would Jadis be this horrid? It was Edmund's birthday! Why couldn't she just leave him alone for one day?!
Edmund's breathing was getting slower by the minute and Peter was really beginning to worry.
Edmund's eyes flickered open for just a second before closing again.
"Ed, Ed you need to stay awake." Peter said frantically.
Edmund's eyes opened again and he looked slowly up at Peter.
"C -Cold." Edmund managed to choke out.
Peter thought for a moment. "You need to keep moving." He said suddenly. "Here." Peter took off his own cloak and wrapped it tightly around his brother.
"N - No." Edmund forced, going to take it off and give it back to his brother.
"Ed leave it on." Peter said sternly but softly.
Edmund had no strength to argue and just did as he said.
"I need you to stand Ed." Peter said, standing himself before kneeling in front of his brother.
Edmunds teeth chattered as he shook his head.
"Edmund this is serious." Peter said, trying not to panick. "If you don't keep moving then-" He paused. "You'll get hypothermia or something."
Edmund stared at his brother for a moment before nodding a little.
Peter nodded slightly back and pulled Edmund to his feet. He had to quickly catch him though as he legs buckled beneath him, causing Edmund to let out a half strangled gasp, even though his teeth were still chattering.
"Sorry." Peter whispered, keeping a tight grip on his brother's shoulders just to keep him steady.
"O - Okay." Edmund choked, before huddling back into Peter's side, trying his hardest to keep warm.
"Keep moving Ed." Peter said. "You need to try and keep warm."
Edmund very reluctantly pulled away from his brother and Peter helped him walk around a bit, keeping an arm around his shoulders.
After ten minutes though nothing seemed to of changed. Edmund was still shivering, his lips were still blue and he was still far too pale.
The two stopped walking when the doors flew open once again and the white witch walked in, her hag following behind.
Peter glared at her as she stopped in front of them, smirk spread across her face.
"Having a nice birthday?" She laughed.
Edmund didn't say anything, he huddled closer to Peter, shivering as he closed his eyes.
"Shut it." Peter spat.
Jadis raised an eyebrow. "I wouldn't talk to me like that if I were you." She said darkly. "Or I can quite easily carry out that threat."
Peter's grip tightened around his brother, swallowing hard.
"Anyway-" But Jadis didn't get to finish as all of a sudden Edmund's shivering stopped, his teeth stopped chattering, he let out a long sigh and collapsed to the floor.
"Ed!" Peter cried, falling to his knees beside his now unconscious brother. "Ed." He said quickly. "He's too cold." He muttered to himself. "Can you help him?" He turned to Jadis, having no other option.
Jadis nodded. "I could yes." Shs said before smirking. "But I won't."
"Please!" Peted begged. "He's too cold! If you don't help him-" Peter stopped dead, thinking. "Look here witch." He spat. "If you don't help him then he's gonna die and then - then you won't be able to kill him yourself." He forced the words out of his mouth, tears appearing in his eyes.
The witch seemed to think for a moment before she clicked her fingers at her hag, who instantly stepped forward and stood beside Edmund.
She placed a hand on his head for a few seconds before quickly walking away.
Peter stared at his brother and breathed a sigh of relief when he relaxed and the colour returned to his face.
Edmund groaned slightly as his eyes flickered open. He stared at Peter for a moment before he looked over at the witch, only for his eyes to go wide.
Jadis smirked down at him before clicking her fingers again. A minotaur stomped into the room and grabbed Peter, forcing him away from Edmund.
"No!" Peter screamed, struggling to get away. "Don't you dare touch him!"
Jadis paid him no attention and knelt beside Edmund, who was still lying flat on his back, staring up at her with nothing but terror in his eyes.
"Tomorrow you'll be just about weak enough for me to carry out my plan." Jadis laughed. "You're gonna be dead by tomorrow evening, so I'd make the most of the time you have left."
Edmund took a deep breath as he swallowed hard, finding himself unable to look away from the witch.
Jadis sneered at him before kicking him in the side, causing Edmund to gasp and curl in on himself, his eyes going wide.
Peter struggled to get away from the minotaur but found it impossible.
Jadis smirked a little before turning around a leaving the cell, her minotaur finally letting Peter go and following her, the hag running off behind - locking the doors behind her.
Peter ran over to Edmund and knelt beside him. "Ed?" He questioned.
Edmund groaned as he rolled over to face Peter.
"Ed you okay?" Peter asked when he didn't say anything.
Ednund took a deep breath, still gripping his side. "Atleast I - I'm not too cold anymore." He choked with an attempted smile.
Peter shook his head with a quiet, relieved laugh before helping Edmund to sit up and pulling him into a tight hug.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆
💔💔💔💔😥😥😥😥😭😭😭