More than Narnia itself

"Ed?" Peter whispered as he sat on the edge of Edmund's bed, placing a hand on his brothers shoulder. "Edmund wake up."
Edmund groaned slightly as his eyes flickered open, landing on Peter. "What?" He mumbled, clearly not happy about being woken.
"Training starts in an hour." Peter said hesitantly. "Which gives you enough time to get ready and have some breakfast."
Edmund stared at him for a moment before he sighed. "Alright." He mumbled as he pulled the blankets off of him and got out of bed.
Peter smiled a little as he stood, watching as Edmund walked over to the wardrobe. "I was thinking we should probably tell everyone about the witch being alive?" He said.
Edmund took a deep breath, the very sentence making him cringe. "I suppose." He mumbled.
Peter nodded slowly. "We'll do it after breakfast and then you can begin training?"
"Sounds great." Edmund sighed before getting changed.

☆☆☆

"That went well." Edmund mumbled as he and Peter headed outside to the training grounds, Edmund already in his armour.
Peter bit his lip. "Well, at least they know now." He muttered.
"And because they know half of them are absolutely terrified." Edmund said. "And also they didn't look at all pleased that I'm the one who has to kill her." He added quietly.
"You'll show them Ed." Peter said reassuringly.
There was a moment of hesitation before Edmund took a deep breath. "Promise me, that if I can't kill the witch-" He paused for a sigh before continuing. "You'll get someone else to do it?"
Peter stopped walking and turned to his brother, who did the same as Peter. "You know I can't promise that!" He exclaimed.
Edmund sighed again. "But if I can't kill her then she's a threat to Narnia Peter!" He argued.
"If you don't kill her Ed then you die!" Peter said, raising his voice.
"If I can't kill her she's going to take over Narnia!" Edmund said. "So someone else will need to kill her!"
"No!" Peter said firmly. "I'm sorry, but if it comes down to choosing between Narnia and you, I'd pick you!"
Edmund stared at his brother for a moment. "Why?" He suddnely choked.
Peter frowned. "What do you mean 'why?'" He asked, calming down slightly.
"Why would you chose me over Narnia?" Edmund asked, sounding unsure. "After everything I've done?"
Peter bit his lip. "Because you're my brother Ed." He said gently. "And no matter what you did, I still love you, more than anything in the world - more than Narnia itself."
Edmund managed a small smile as he looked down at the floor.
Peter smiled too. "Now, come on." He said. "Orious will be waiting."

☆☆☆

"Now." Orious began. "Seeming as king Peter has had more training than you - by no fault of your own of course - I want you to duel him."
Edmund glanced over at his brother, holding his sword tightly in his hand.
Peter bit his lip gently before turning back to face Orious, who had began talking to him. "King Peter, you will fight you brother." He said. "Don't go easy on him, the witch won't do that."
Peter swallowed hard. "But why does he have to fight me?" He asked. "I'm no where near as good as the witch at sword fighting."
"It's just so I know how good your brother is." Orious replied.
Edmund bit his lip. "Not very good." He mumbled, but not loud enough for his brother of Orious to hear him.
"Understood?" Orious asked.
Both Peter and Edmund nodded, Peter drawing his own sword as he turned to his brother.
"Remember what I said." Orious said firmly when Peter nodded at his brother. "Do not go easy on him!"
Peter swallowed hard.
"You heard him." Edmund said. "Just - try not to hurt me." He added with a small smirk.
Peter shook his head. "I won't." He said, returning the smirk.
"You may begin." Orious said before quickly adding. "King Peter, you make the first move."
Peter nodded at his brother, who nodded back, before he ran at him and lifted his sword.
Edmund blocked it with his own as quickly as he could.
They went on for a while before Peter heard a sigh from Orious. "You're going easy on him!" He called over the clashing of the two swords.
Peter bit his lip.
"I taught you king Peter." Orious said. "I know you can do better than this."
Peter decided after that not to go easy on him, after all, the witch wasn't going to do that.
After another few minutes Peter brought his sword forward. But this time Edmund was unable to block it.
Peter's sword went between Edmund's arm and his side, 'stabbing him'
Orious watched as Edmund sighed, dropping his sword to the floor as he panted.
"Blocking is one thing we need to work on." He said, causing Edmund to raise an eyebrow. "You think?" He muttered, getting a sympathetic look from Peter.
"Right." Orious said. "Five minute break and then we continue."

☆☆☆

Edmund collapsed onto his bed as he panted, dropping his sword and his shield onto the floor, absolutely exhausted.
Peter sighed sadly, sitting beside him as he watched Edmund try and catch his breath. For the whole day Edmund had been training, with only a few breaks and a slightly longer one for lunch.
"You alright?" Peter asked once Edmund caught his breath.
"Everything aches." Edmund sighed, deciding not to sit up and instead just stay laying on the bed.
Peter sighed sadly. "Let's get you out of this armour?" He suggested.
Edmund groaned but nodded anyway, forcing himself to sit up.
Peter caught the look of pain on his face as he did, causing him to bite his lip. "I think you were rather good today." He said as they proceeded in getting Edmund out of his armour.
Edmund snorted. "You beat me in a duel how many times?" He said. "Six?"
Peter sighed. "You beat me twice though."
"Yeah, and Orious said not to go easy on me." Edmund said. "Yeah-" He added at the look on Peter's face. "I'm not stupid."
Peter sighed. "I was hoping you wouldn't notice." He mumbled as they succeeded in getting Edmund's tunic over his head.
Edmund nodded. "I know."
"You'll pick it up eventually." Peter said. "One day you'll be the best swordsman in Narnia."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆
❤❤❤❤😢❤❤❤❤