Back from the dead

"Ed you sure you're okay?" Peter frowned that afternoon as the two walked through the castle.
Edmund shook his head. "My hand is killing me." He mumbled.
Peter frowned. "Where?" He asked.
"On my palm." Edmund replied.
"Let me have a look." Peter said as he stopped walking to face his brother.
Edmund held out his hand to let his brother have a look, swallowing hard as he did.
"I can't see anything." Peter mumbled, frowning a little bit.
Edmund just sighed. "Exactly." He muttered. "I don't know why it's hurting so much."
Peter shrugged. "Just - I dunno, keep an eye on it?" He said.
Edmund nodded. "Yeah."
"Right then." Peter said with a small nod. "Let's go find the girls."

☆☆☆

"You ready?" The hag asked the dwarf as they stood in the throne room to the witches castle, the witches broken wand in her hand.
"One hundred percent." The dwarf nodded.
The hag grinned evily before stabbing the wand into the floor. Stepping back she and the dwarf watched as an ice wall began forming, it grew and grew until Jadis appeared inside, an evil glare on her face.
"Did you get it?" She asked immediately.
The hag nodded. "We have the blood." She said, bowing.
"Well then." Jadis said, holding out her hand. "Get on with it."
"Yes your majesty." The hag stuttered, turning to the dwarf who held out the dagger still covered in Edmund's blood.
The witch smirked evily as the hag turned to her and held out the dagger. Without hesitation she grabbed hold of the dagger carefuly, her eyes widening as she did.
Within seconds the ice wall exploded, sending ice flying in every direction. Jadis laughed slightly, stepping forward - Alive.

Almost as soon as the ice exploded, back at Cair Paravel, Edmund doubled over and gripped his stomach, letting out a strangled gasp as his eyes went wide.
"Ed?" Peter asked, turning quickly around to his brother. "Edmund!" He exclaimed, kneeling in front of him. "What's wrong?" He asked quickly.
Edmund let out another sharp gasp. "My - My scar." He choked, his eyes squeezing shut.
Peter frowned in confusion. "Your scar?" He said. "What the-"
"It hurts." Edmund forced out, opening his tear filled eyes to look down at his brother.
"Um-" Peter mumbled. "Come and sit down."
Edmund nodded slowly, walking with Peter as he led him to the sofa, sitting him down carefuly.
"Just breath." Peter whispered as Edmund gasped. "It's okay."
Edmund swallowed hard, trying to do as his brother had said.
"Do you want me to-?" Peter said, moving his hand forward.
Edmund immediately stopped him. "Don't touch it." He said quickly.
Peter sighed sadly. "Alright." He whispered.
Edmund took another deep breath, his breathing starting to even out.
"You okay now?" Peter asked warily as Edmund slowly sat up straight.
"It still hurts." Edmund mumbled.
"Why did it start hurting in the first place?" Peter wondered aloud, staring at his brother as he sat down beside him.
Edmund shook his head. "I don't know." He mumbled. "It hasn't caused me pain in nearly a week."
Peter sighed as he placed his arm around Edmund's shoulders.
"Have - Have they found the wand yet?" Edmund asked after a long minute of silence.
Peter swallowed hard. "No." He mumbled. "Not yet."
Edmund sighed, resting his head on Peter's shoulder. "I-If she comes back." He choked. "Promise you won't let her hurt me."
Peter's eyes filled with tears. "She's not coming back." He said firmly. "I promise you Edmund, she's dead and is going to stay that way."
Edmund sighed but nodded anyway. "Okay." He mumbled simply, before burying his face into Peter's chest.
Peter bit his lip gently, hugging his brother and kissing the top of his head.
He looked up when the door opened and Susan walked in. She looked as though she were about to say something but frowned when she saw Edmund curled up in Peter's arms.
"What's wrong?" She asked, looking worried as well as confused.
Peter sighed and waited for Edmund to speak, but when he didn't he opened his mouth. "Edmund's scar was hurting." He mumbled.
Susan's eyes narrowed as she walked over and sat beside her younger brother, who still had his face buried against Peter's chest. "But, it hasn't hurt you for a while." She said to Edmund.
Edmund slowly looked up at his sister. "I know." He choked, his arms still around his brother.
"Do you know why it started hurting?" Susan asked.
Edmund shook his head.
"It was rather sudden though." Peter mumbled.
Edmund nodded. "Too sudden." He choked.
Peter tightened his grip almost out of instinct, grabbing hold of his brothers hand that now lay on his knee. "It's okay." He whispered. "Did you want to tell us something?"
Susan nodded. "Lucy wants to know what cake you want for your birthday Ed." She said. "She wants to make it and said she needs to be 'prepared'"
"Prepared?" Edmund nearly laughed. "She's got a whole week to make it!"
Peter chuckled slightly. "You know what Lucy's like." He said.
Edmund nodded. "I suppose I'll have chocolate." He said with a small smile.
"We should've guessed." Susan laughed.
Edmund smiled weakly, flinching a little.
"You okay?" Peter asked immediately.
Edmund nodded. "I'm fine." He mumbled. "I might just, go and get some fresh air."
Peter nodded. "That's fine." He said.
Susan smirked. "But it's not like there isn't air inside." She said.
Edmund rolled his eyes playfully. "I regret ever saying that." He said, causing Peter to laugh a little.
"See you later then." Edmund said quietly, standing and walking towards the door.
"Back for tea please." Susan said.
Edmund nodded. " 'kay." He mumbled before leaving the room.
Sighing, Peter ran a hand through his hair.
"Is he alright?" Susan asked hesitantly.
Peter sighed again. "He's scared." He said. "Ever since the hag stole the wand he's been nothing but worried."
"He thinks she'll come back?" Susan asked.
Peter nodded. "Yeah." He breathed. "Even though I keep telling him that they don't have Adam's blood, therefore she can't come back. But, he won't listen."
Susan sighed sadly. "Come on." She said. "I need to let Lucy know that he wants a chocolate cake."
Peter nodded. "I might just - stay here." He mumbled.
"Are you sure?" Susan said.
Peter nodded hesitantly. "Yeah."
Susan nodded slowly. "Okay." He whispered. "See you later." She added as she walked towards the door.
"See ya."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆
😧😧😧😧😧😧😞😞😞