Prologue

Prologue [1]

Lovely, Three Years Later

“By the power invested in me, you may now kiss the bride” the pastor said and the whole audience began to applaud. As Teddy and I kissed I felt any pain, disparity, hurt, and sorrow melt away in his kiss.

“I love you” he said again, giving my lips another peck. “I love you too” I said as we jumped the broom.

There is no better feeling than being able to marry your first true love. Teddy and I have not always been able to see eye to eye but there was no doubting that the love was always here. I met him when I was thirteen years old and I can still remember the day he came up to me.

My best friend Sierra and I were at the charity basketball game in junior high cheering on our fellow rockets as they took the lead in the game. Ted was our school’s star basketball player being five foot ten at the age of thirteen. He resembled Derrick Rose back then and still does now.

He came up to me after the game asking for my number and name, without any hesitation I gave him everything he asked for. Shit if he would have asked for social security card number I would have gave him that too, boy was fine as wine.

Although our relationship only lasted a month, Ted and I remained close friends in high school and through our adult hood. Through every break up I had with James, to seeing my daughter born, to being their when I was raped, and even when my sorry ass mother left. Teddy was there to witness it all and be the supportive friend he always has been.

Some people used to question why I never chose him from the beginning but the truth was because I never wanted to lose him. Friends can fight and make up all day. Once the “L” word is involved, everything becomes more complicated. His friendship was more important to me. However, since he came back in my life things changed for the better.

Once he moved back home to Detroit, two years ago. I left James completely alone. James did not like the fact of not being in my daughter’s life, but I did not want my daughter thinking that James or Teddy was her father since neither of them is. I was raped a few years back and my attacker is her father, I am not too sure, if I will ever tell her about her father but for now Ted will be the only father figure she knows.

Teddy

You ever had that feeling that in life that God been working overtime on you. That feeling where you know that the Devil could not bring you down even if he tried his hardest. I have been feeling like that for the past two years and it is all thanks to Love.

I had no intentions on us reconnecting when I moved back to Detroit but I guess it was destined for us to be together.

“From the bottom of my heart I’m truly happy for the both of you. I think everyone here knew you two would end up together, we were just waiting on yall to accept it” Dante said as he made his best man toast.

Sierra stood up pregnant as ever ready to give her toast. “You know I love both of yall. I always felt like the third wheel around you guys but I was okay with that. The bond the two of you shared was unbreakable and the sky is the limit for your love. Teddy you take care of my girl, and Love take care of my boy. Yall all I got” She said wiping tears from her eyes.

I stood up to give my own little toast. “Love and I just want to thank everyone for coming. We can feel all the love in the room. Nevertheless, I just want to announce to everyone that not only is this a wedding, but this is also a going away party. Love and I are moving to Miami in two months and but we wanted to make sure our family and friends got to see us marry off” the whole room began to clap and I saw a few tears even escape from some people eyes.

The wedding reception was filled with laughter and cheer but I could not wait to get home to be alone with my wife.

Three Months Later.

Lovely

“Miami!” I screamed as we got off the plane and made it to our car. For the past few months Ted and I have been making numerous trips here, trying to make sure all of our stuff was moved in and now everything is complete. I know Ted said he wanted to drive something fancy in Miami but I was surprised when I seen him point to a brand new Aston Martin Vanquish sitting in the parking lot.

“We can’t afford this,” I said looking at Teddy as if he just lost his mind. “Yes we can, my job only wants us driving the best. So in other words it’s the company’s car,” he said opening the passenger door for me. I cannot wait until Honesty comes to see all of this.  “I don’t know why you left her with Sierra in the first place, she could’ve came with us”

I rolled my eyes at him and he just smirked at me. “It is still summer and I didn’t want her to have to just leave all her friends without a goodbye” I said putting on my seat belt. “She is seven, she can make new friends”

“Well her god mommy wanted to spend time with her and we need a little alone time. She will be down in a few weeks,” I said pulling out my phone to get on Instagram.

Teddy

Pulling up to our condominium off the beach felt amazing. No ghettos, hoods, bums, or gang’s just paradise. We walked inside and Love ran straight to the balcony outside to look at the beach. It was about six in the morning so the only people on the beach were runners. “This view will forever be my favorite,” she said taking off her jacket.

“And this view will forever be my favorite” I said gripping her ass. “Stop we haven’t even got a chance to finish unpacking” I said as Teddy started to make kisses down my neck. He ignored me, began to, and laid my body down on one of the tanning chairs on the patio. We kissed for what seemed like forever until I realized Teddy swindled me out of my clothes.

“Baby we are not doing this out...” I tried to say but was interrupted by the feel of Teddy’s manhood going deep inside of me.  “You love me?” Ted said as he pumped harder. “Yes Daddy!” I screamed to the top of my lungs giving our neighbors a rude awakening.

***Just the prologue. Sorry for all the confusion I know in Distance Love and James are together but were just going to erase all of that from our memory. Also I’ll be erasing Distance at the end of November and only working on this story and Cream for now on. So lets say hello to our new power couple!

Any questions, comments, concerns…just let me know.

Xoxo

Triceee.