Chapter 9

Raging from freaking Mario Kart. Although it is good fuel for the fire. Also like the comic I made above?

Anti P.O.V.

The house wasn't helping, so we went to a library to use a computer. We research files on the case to find out where all belongings went. After of hours of searching I find something useful. "Dark here! Furniture, clothes, toys to goodwill. Books to library. Ah! Except a strange book with intricate symbols. The authorities took it to an evidence lockup because the believed it to be some kind of satanic cult ritual book. They couldn't decipher it." Dark looks at my screen. "Well they weren't too far off." Dark jokes grimly.

"That has to be it. Let's go." I say excitedly. "Whoa whoa whoa. Slow your roll. We don't know which station." Dark stops me. "Okay fine." I whine. I use my powers to read minds of the chief of each local station. "Okay I got it. Let's go." Dark doesn't even ask. He just teleports us to the station and follows. Hiding in the shadows, there re plenty with the sinking sun, we get into the evidence lockup. We search shelves and drawers for the notebook, careful not to disturb anything noticeably. "Anti. I have it. Look." Dark shows me a dark blue, leather bound book with all kinds of demon symbols on it. "Well look for the spell." Dark skins through the book quickly. "Here, here. How to make it and reverse it."

"We did it! We found it! Oh, our little girl will be okay!" I say excitedly, pulling Dark into a hug. After few moments, I realize what I did. I pull away while clearing my throat. "Okay list of ingredients?" I ask. "To reverse it or use it?" Dark jokes. I give him a bitch face before he continues. "The blood of a loved one, a hair of the person, the belly scale of a demon dragon, the leg of a spider, and a normal one, an eye from a black cat. Mix it together to make a polituce." Dark repeats. "Okay, four questions. 1.) We aren't making anyone bleed out here right? 2.) What the fuck kind of spell if this? 3.) She isn't drinking this is She? 4.) How are we going to get the belly scale of a dragon? Those things are something I don't even tussle with."

Dark thinks it over. Demon dragons, often called leviathans in human lore, are large, aquatic creatures. They solely cause destruction and pain. "You know, King Blank has slain one before." Dark finally says. I think he is far to eager to talk to Blank again, but maybe it's my imagination. "Do you think he has a belly scale?" Dark shrugs. "Maybe. Worst case scenario, we convince him to get one for us." "It's our best option. Now the rest of the questions?" I raise an eyebrow at Dark. "Right. We only need a tiny bit, nobody will bleed out. It's obviously a screwed up spell. And no, (Y/n) won't have to drink this shit. We make these symbols on her arms with the mixture, and say the original chant backwards."

"Okay simple enough. I will talk to Blank, since he likes me better, and you get the rest of the ingredients. For a split second, I swear Dark makes a face, but he quickly covers it and nods. "Got it." Dark teleports us to the portal. "Be careful." "You too." He tells me. I nod then walk into the demon world. I reach the gates to Blank's kingdom, and I'm let in wordlessly without Dark. I rush to the small castle Blank stays at. Guards let me in, I search a few minutes, and I find Blank in the throne room. Blank doesn't look too happy to see me, but doesn't look angry either. "Anti. I assume you need my help again." He says coldly. "I do, but it might turn out to be fun for you. I need a belly scale of a demon dragon, but I've never even been near one."

Blank instantly brightens. "Anti, my friend, we are going for a hunt." I smile a little. It reminds me how we were friends too. Maybe I can reunite the kingdoms, get them to stop arguing. But that's for another time. "Guards. Bring me my gear, and some for Anti as well." Blank shouts at the closest pair of guards. "Everything will be fine. It fun." Blank says reassuringly. He smiles brightly. Almost too brightly. "What's you play?" I ask. "Fine. If you must know, this is one of the scariest things I've ever gone against. But I'm willing to do this to help you, Anti. I know that you really are trying to help Abyss's child, that you are for humans now, but you are my friend. I will never go against you."

I almost tear up at Blank's words. "Thank you, Blank. This means a lot." "Well, you mean a lot to me." Blank confesses. I can feel myself blush a bit. I get flustered, and can't respond. "It's alright Anti. I know how you feel about Dark. But I still want to be your friend." I nod. The guards come to us with the gear, saving me from the awkward situation. We gear up, and head to the nearest body of "water." Water in this world is more like slime to the touch, but looks as beautiful as freshly fallen snow on the surface world.  "Are you ready for this?" Blank asks. "Not at all." He chuckles. "Me neither." Wordlessly we step into the warm liquid, search quietly for a cave that a demon dragon could live in. Blank spots one after a good fifteen minutes of searching. "There will be a shelf in the cave, so we will have air. Leviathans don't actually breathe in the water, the just live in bodies of water.

I nod, and follow Blank's lead. I take a breath before diving into the water. The cave isn't too far down, and demons can hold their breath longer then the average person, so I make it to the air pocket with ease. I pop up next to Blank. I look at the young king to see him press a finger to his lips, then point. I follow his finger to where a beautiful but terrifying creature sleeps. The demon dragon is different shades of greens and blues. The body is that of a dragon that humans think of in medical myths, but has a pointed face like a snake. The wings are actually large gliders, perfect for swimming. There are fins on the base of its tail as well. I can see from here that the toes are webbed. But I can also see the sharp talons on its toes, the sharp teeth it adorns, and the jagged scales it's armored with.

"We aren't actually going to kill it are we?" I ask. It suddenly feels cruel to kill this creature. Blank shakes his head. "Do you think I killed one of these things with my bare hands? I knew you'd be too soft. Anyways I knew they sleep in the afternoon, since it's the hottest time of the day." Usually I'd be offended he called me soft, but I let it go. Quietly, we swim towards the sleeping beast. The demon dragon is sleep in its stomach. But there are still a few belly scales showing. Unfortunately, we will have to get pretty close to get one. I inch closer and closer, and quickly rip one off the belly. Instantly, the eyes of the massive creature open. An ominous growl escapes its lips. Oh shit, we are so screwed!