Chapter 12

Dark P.O.V

"WhAt ArE wE gOiNg tO dO?" Anti ask desperately, his long forgotten glitch returning to his voice. Anti had worked hard to get rid of the glitch, so I know he is really freaking out. "Anti, calm down, stay here. I will go look for her." Before I can argue I rush out of the house, only to see (Y/n) walking towards me. "I'm good. I'm sorry I got out of hand." I pull her into a hug. "I'm just glad you're okay. What happened?" I ask. She shakes her head. "Later. Let's get rid of this curse." She walks past me into the house. Dumbfounded, I follow her.

(Y/n) P.O.V.

I feel bad because as soon as I walk in the door, everyone crowds me. "I wAs sO woRrIEd." Anti says. Now, I feel even worse because Anti hardly ever has his glitch anymore. "I'm just glad your okay, Angel." Amy says, taking my hand. I nod. "I'm ready to get rid of this curse." Mark, Amy, Jack, and I sit on the couch while the two demons stand in front of us, explaining the spell. "We have to mix these ingredients; the blood of a loved one, a hair of the person, the belly scale of a demon dragon, the leg of a spider, and a normal one, an eye from a black cat. We mix it together to make a polituce, used to make symbols on your arms. Then we say the original spell backwards. Looking at it, it's like a reverse poem." Dark explains.

"I knew I hated poetry for a reason." I say. Everyone just rolls their eyes. "So, who's giving up blood?" Dark continues. "Actually, we already got it." Anti says, voice returning to normal. "What?" Anti opens his hand to reveal a blue-green scale, smudged with a black ooze. "You got cut! Let me see it!" Protectively, Dark checks over his hand. I gather that the black ooze is actually demon blood, and that the scale cut Anti's hand. "The dragon fought back. I held on to the scale so tight I got cut. That's as bad as I got hurt. Blank really got injured, he is stable, but I'm not sure if he's gonna make it." I hear Anti whisper to Dark. Dark puts a hand in his shoulder. "It's okay Anti. He's strong it will be okay." Anti hugs Dark. Jack clears his throat to remind them we're still here.

They break. "Right. Anyway, the demon blood might not work. We need human blood." Dark says. "Okay, I'll go wash this off." Anti exits the room towards the kitchen. "So, back to the problem. We only need a little bit, so someone is getting cut. Who's up?" Dark asks. Jack holds out his arm. "Here." Mark looks like he wants to argue, but doesn't to make the process go faster. "Okay." Dark quickly goes to grab a knife, coming back with Anti, a clean scale, and a small knife. Dark makes a small cut on Jack's arm, making him wince, letting the few drips of blood drip into the bowl. Dark adds the other  ingredients, and grounds them up.

Once everything is ground, the two demons make the symbols on my arms. The purplish liquid is warm, which kind of disturbs me, knowing human blood is on my arms. Dark instructs me to sit crisscrossed in front of him. He sits, going to same. "This feels so stupid. I feel like I'm getting me fortune read." I grumble. "Stop thinking about it." Dark says. I shrug. "Okay here goes nothing." Dark lifts the book so I can see the original spell. Light. No more. Do you not listen. Darkness is following. That's what I said. Darkness is following. "I say it backwards, then the spell is reversed." Dark explains. I can feel the demons festering. They're angry, knowing I'm this close to riding myself of them. The try harder to make me give in, but it doesn't work. I'm too close to freedom.

"Darkness is following
That's what I said
Darkness is following
Do you not listen
No more
Light"

Dark's baritone voice rings out. Saying the spell, his voice seems more ominous and deeper. As soon as the last word leaves his mouth, the symbols glow. I'm filled with a sense of calm, grounding me to this spot. I allow my eyes to close. I don't move. I can feel my body levitating off the ground. I open my eyes. I'm standing a few inches off the ground. Awe is the only thing on the faces of the people I love. Something makes them stay still. I see my reflecting in the tv. My eyes are glowing pure white, no irises or pupils. My hair floats up unnaturally, and is now blue with stars in it instead of (h/c). The galaxy wings have return, brighter and bigger. The (F/c) light glows in my veins, so bright you can see it shine through my skin. I can hear my mother's voice.

"This is who you are. A Cambion. My daughter. Mark and Amy's daughter. In death, I became a demon. Your inner demon. But I will only protect you, my Angel. You hold so much power. One day, this is what you will become for good, joining demons to spread good. Peace will be all that's left. Those mint green headphone that you love so much? That was always my favorite color. I pushed you to take them because, if you need to, you can talk to me through them. I will know when you need me. I love you so much, my beautiful, strong, little girl. Everything will be okay now." Her voice fades, and I feel myself lower. All my energy drains, and I start to fall, but Jack quickly catches me.

"(Y/n) are you alright? We all could hear that voice talking to you. That's a lot to take in. Do you need to lie down?" Jack asks, worriedly looking down at me. Everyone is at my side in seconds. "I'm fine. Help me to the couch." Mark takes me from Jack, lifting me to the couch. "Thanks. You could all hear that voice?" I ask. Mark nods. "It was coming out of your mouth, but it obviously wasn't you." He explains. "Oh. I didn't realize. That was biological mother talking to me." I explain the situation to them, talking about what happened when I demoned out. "I'm so glad you're okay." Amy says, sitting next to me once I've finished. We all collapse in a group hug for a solid 15 minutes. I eventually break it because exhaustion has caught up. "I'm going to bed. I'm so tired." I announce.

"Goodnight. We love you, Angel." Amy says, kissing my forehead. "Love you too." I go to my room. I take a look around the familiar setting. I'm so happy it's over. I see the pendant with the demon blocking charm and the galaxy wing charm that I threw off earlier. I gently pick it up, and clasp it back on. Who knew that summer could be this exciting.