Spanish 2 Aint For You

I laid in bed while my clock read 7:14, I groaned as my feet carried me out of my warm bed. I got changed and ate breakfast.

I said goodbye to my parents and headed off to school.

I parked my car and hopped out, the cold breeze hit me hard. I looked at all the other students who drudged into school with their hands shoved into their coat pockets. Winter has always been the gloomiest season for me, grey skies and freezing temperatures just aren't for me.

I walked into school, the hallways were full of decorations for the winter formal. 

~Caroline~ "Hey Hannah!" She practically shouted across the hall.

I waved back at her but hurried to class so I wouldn't have to hold a conversation. I like Caroline but she talks way too much. 

Last time I talked to her she rambled on for 15 minutes about the Grey's Anatomy episode she watched with her boyfriend the previous night.

I walked into Spanish class and took my seat next to Hadley and Bella. They immediately stopped talking when I sat down. 

~Hadley~ "is it true?" She asked, expecting me to know what she was talking about.

"What?" I gave her a confused face.

~Bella~ "You know.. theres a rumor going around that you had two college girls crack you over break." Her voice became quieter.

My heart raced, I don't know why I thought Evelyn wouldn't tell anyone about Emily. Of course she would, she hates me and I should hate her right back.

~Hadley~ "So did it happen?" She pressed on.

"No-no of course not. Why would you even believe that?" I became super defensive and uncontrollably blushed.

~Bella~ "See I told you Hadley." She nudged her in the arm with a smile.

~Hadley~ "Sorry Han, it was just too juicy not to ask about." She shrugged and took her binder out of her backpack.

"I guess." I leaned back in my desk chair and twirled my pencil with my fingers.

The bell rang just after Evelyn and Ruby walked in. 

~Ms. Leticia~ "Evelyn, Ruby. Me alegra que pudieras unirte a nosotros. Im glad you could join us." She translated and put her hand on her hip.

~Evelyn~ "Estoy 'alot-o' 'happy-o' that yo podia 'make-o' to este 'class-o' muy-um 'boring-o" She poorly responded in Spanish while students giggled in awe at her jokingly take on authority. 

~Ms. Leticia~ "Well that was muy interesante. Can anyone help out Evelyn by giving her the correct Spanish pronunciation." She asked the class but everyone remained quiet out of nervousness.

~Ms. Leticia~ "How about you Hannah. Help Evelyn out." My heart stopped for a minute while my cheeks reddened in embarrassment. I swallowed heavily and exhaled tightly.

"Uh I guess you'd say: 'Estoy muy feliz de poder llegar a esta clase aburrida." I slid down in my seat and watched as Evelyn rolled her eyes.

~Ms. Leticia~ "Wow, increible. Muchos gracias Hannah." She nodded and directed Evelyn and Ruby to their seats.

~Ruby~ "So you're not just a dyke, you're a bilingual dyke?" She sneered as she walked past me to her seat. 

I glanced at Evelyn for a split second, I thought she'd stand up for me but she simply scoffed and kept walking. 

~Hadley~ "Wow Hannah, you're foreign as hell." She tried to lighten the mood.

I groaned and put my AirPods in, trying to calm my nerves.