Winter Wreck

I laid in bed until eleven a.m, there was snow drifting down the street and a gentle breeze creeping into my room. I sat up and inhaled tightly.

I rubbed my eyes and groaned, trying to keep my back from hitting the comfort of my warm bed.

I reached for my phone which had been blown up with texts from Evelyn. I opened the apologetic and sincere messages but couldn't figure out how to respond so I turned my phone off completely.

I rummaged around my closet for something to wear for the dance tonight. I finally came across a dark red Lacey sleeve dress that I've only ever worn once. My friends all came over to hangout before getting ready for the dance. 

They all showed up in their pjamas with big smiles on their faces and duffel bags of snacks as well as their dresses and makeup. 

~Bella~ "Han we're gonna have so much fun tonight." She cheered.

"Yeah, its going to be t'd." I tried to match her happiness but I really was sick to my stomach over the Evelyn situation. I hadn't contacted her in a week but day after day I wanted to talk to her more and more but after my freakout I don't know what to say to her.

For the following 5 hours we watched movies and talked about random stuff but I couldn't get my mind off of the situation. I figured that if I were to go to the dance tonight I might meet someone new who could distract me from Evelyn.

~Claire~ "Hey guys we should probably get ready now." She leapt from the couch and raced to the bathroom where we all followed.

Soon brushes, makeup palettes and mascaras were being tossed around the bathroom. Laughter and joy echoed through the confined space, I wanted to feel their happiness too but I felt empty.

Before I knew it we were being rushed out of the front door. We pulled into the school where hoards of students in fancy attire were entering.

~Alyssa~ "Alright girlies lets get at it." She swung the door open and we piled out.

The sound of raging music was muffled in the hallways, and the pulsating lights crept out of the gym doors.  When i stepped into the gym, I felt my entire body start quaking.

I could barely hear my friends but I could hear the over played songs blasting in my ears.

I was soon swept away to a larger group of friends. 

~Carter~ "Aye me and Alex got the goods." He shouted as we gathered around in a huddle.

Carter and Alex proceeded to whip out multiple bottles of vodka and white claws. My eyes widened at all the bottles they snuck in.

~Alex~ "Aw sorry Hannah, I didn't bring any apple juice for you." He laughed

~Alyssa~ "Woah Alex, Hannah can handle the alcohol. She's not a baby." She responded before I could.

~Alex~ "Alright then, here Hannah take a swig." He pushed a bottle of vodka towards me.

~Sylvia~ "Yeahhh Han." She drunkinly cheered.

I sighed and took a swig of vodka, they all celebrated. 

I dont know how much of the burning vodka I shot down my throat but before I knew it I was tossed in the middle of the dance circle. I could feel a bunch of people's hands on my waist and passing me around while students chanted and sang along to the music.

The blinding lights made my head hurt with the help of the vodka but I continued because I felt as though I couldn't stop even if I wanted to.

I felt the fronts of boys grinding against me. My dress rode up multiple times and I had to keep pulling it down. My heart was beating at a mile a minute. I felt the hands of boys on my back but one of them went for my arm.