In For a Penny

I woke up in Evelyn's arms, we were in her bed. The sound of birds chirping outside filled the room.

~Evelyn~ "Good morning Hanny, how'd you sleep?" She lazily asked while stretching her arms.

"Just fine babe." I yawned and snuggled closer into Evelyn's chest.

~Evelyn~ "I have some good news to tell you, baby" She smiled down at me, she reached into her nightstand.

"What is it." I eagerly asked, peering up at her soft eyes.

~Evelyn~ "I'm committing to Penn State." She exhaled with joy while she pulled out a navy blue hat with a white cougar on the front.

"Are you serious Evie?!" I sprung up with a smile plastered on my face.

~Evelyn~ "Yeah, im so serious." She shrieked.

"Evelyn that means.." I grabbed her hand that was resting on my upper thigh and intertwined it with mine.

~Evelyn~ "We're going to college together." She flipped me onto my back quickly and tickled me causing me to shriek out laughter.

"Stop- Evie stop. I'm ticklish-no." I gasped for breath as my laughter escaped my mouth.

She placed the hat on my head and stared into my eyes, lingering for a moment.

~Evelyn~ "I'm in love with you, Hannah Jones." She whispered in my ear. 

I bit my lip trying to keep myself from smiling like a little kid. 

"Evelyn Parker, I'm in love with you too." 

~~~~~~

If you're looking for something to read feel free to checkout my new story: The Little Diner on 5th Street.