4.The Calm

I hadn't been out in ages and I was starting to feel like an old woman. The music was always too loud, unheard of, and I become fatigued at 11 pm. But Lorissa convinced me somehow. Leaving Carlton behind was definitely a reason to celebrate.

I picked out a sexy black bondage dress that hung off my shoulders and flourished my curves. Gold Jimmy Choo pumps and a gold choker. I created a side part in my hair, allowing my dark brown coils to hang seductively in my face. Then I added a dab of curling creme to enhance the definition of my coils. ABH sepia lip gloss and glow-getter highlight to the bridge of my nose, cheekbones, and temples with a touch of NARS super orgasm on my cheeks. I stepped back to admire myself in my oversized full-length mirror. Turning to ensure my bubble was poking. Poking indeed.

THOOM THOOM THOOM

Only Lorissa, knocking at my door like that. I grabbed my black clutch and headed downstairs to let my best friend in--and best friend was slaughtering with the slay. Draped in a silver sequin long-sleeved mini dress, she did a slow twirl to show off her gaping open back and my mouth dropped. You could see the tip of her ass crack. She was very risque with this outfit but I loved it. Much different from her usually all-black cover up everything attire.

"And what did Mike have to say about this booty spilling out back here?"

"Nothing, he's on another business trip," She sang, happy he was not annoying her right now.

"He must've been gone when you bought that," I added.

Her long honey blonde hair pulled up into a sleek ponytail, hung down her back. Barely over her crack. No smothering husbands or crazy ass boyfriends to pop up on us or harass our phones. We headed down the walkway and into her all-white range rover. I got in and hooked my phone to the aux cord. Kendrick Lamar- HUMBLE. Blasted through her speakers.

"MY LEFT STROKE JUST WENT VIRAL!!"

Singing word for word and getting ourselves hyped. We pulled up to Limelight and the lines were wrapped around the building. Anxiety crept up on me. No way in horses hell was I about to stand in that line.

"No Cala, we're not about to stand in that line, we're getting in before them." She caught me out the corner of her eye.

"How?" I was interested in what connections she had at this club.

"Mike's best friend is the owner." She reassured me. Ok, the girl did have connections. Great because I would've slept in this car before I waited in that line with these heels looking like those whores. We surpassed the entire line and walked right in with no security touching us or anything.

As soon as we walked in Fetty Wap- Again plays and we threw our hands up dancing into the scene. I did my signature dutty wine and we bop our way to the bar. Neon strobe lights going off all over the place. The Dj booth on the far end of the club had an even larger display of lights and fixtures. We found a spot with two stools and sat down to place our orders. Lorissa and I continued pointing and dancing a bit on the stools as we waited for the bartender to make her way to us. The club was packed but not to the point where we couldn't move. I genuinely enjoyed being able to move a bit. It was a massive club so I wasn't able to smell the stranger standing next to me or taste someone's hair weave.

Yes a club like this, I can hang with. Limelight was the place to be in Charlotte --And with a week like the one I had, this was the place for me. They played a variety of music for everyone and attracted a variety of people. The bartender leaned in to hear our orders as Dj Snakes- You Know You Like It played and the entire building goes off.