8. Drums of Thunder

I woke up to my heart racing and my chest heaving. My lungs tight with tears in my eyes. It was cold. Where am I?....... Where did he go!? I jumped up in a panic but found a way to calm myself remembering that I was in his house, sooo it's not like he'd abandon me. He can't..or can he? I found his shirt in the corner of the room and pulled it over my naked skin. I wandered the long hallways upstairs until I felt certain he wasn't up here. It's 130 a.m., where is he? I thought he fell asleep with me in bed. There's a room at the end of the hall where I noticed some light.

"Ethan.." I walked into him working on several different computers. He was still shirtless but was wearing a pair of striped pajama pants.

He looked up between monitors, frowning at me.

"Cala, why are u awake? Are you ok?"

"Why are you?" I asked.

"I had some work to finish up... are you sure you're ok?" he stood and walked around his large desk to me. "Something bothering you?"

"Yes!" I said impatiently. "Sleeping in that large bed alone!" I pointed my arm upstairs. The corners of his lips curled upwards.

"I'll just have to put you back to sleep properly, huh." He neared me with his tall, lean body. Oh No! More of him in my guts will surely kill me. I held my hands out for him to take it easy when he didn't stop I decided to make a run for it. Taking the stairs two at a time with him hot on my trail. He grabbed me up in one quick motion taking me over his back again. He kicked open the bedroom door and tossed me back onto his bed. I scurried to grab the covers and hide beneath them. I could feel the bed dip when he crept onto it. He lifted the covers and fixed it to where we both were beneath them. Playing like two big kids. He caged me in with his lean arms. I kissed him.

"I've waited all my life for you, Flower. Tell me that this is real."

"It's real." I smiled. Playing into his eyes. Playing into the moment.

***

My alarm blared off at an ear-blistering volume of Come and Get Your Love-Redbone. What type of shit is this!?

"It's 5 fucking a.m.!" I screamed. Way too a.m. for me!

"Watch your damn mouth woman!" Ethan yelled up the stairs. I took my phone in my hand with the loud alarm still going off as evidence. I attempted to run down the stairs to give him hell. My legs, guts, and ass were all in tormenting pain. I had to resort to stepping high on my toes. By the time I hit the kitchen, my alarm shuts off. I attempted to resume normal steps so that Ethan wouldn't see me hurting.

"Oh fuck! Great now it stops..." I said to my phone then I looked up to Ethan suited very nicely in a dark blue suit with a light blue shirt and tie. He was devastatingly handsome sitting at his kitchen island with a green apple in hand and working on his tablet with the other. His bright grey eyes, scorning me with silver daggers.

"Your MOUTH!" he gnarled widening his gleaming eyes.

"Oops...I was going to ask if you did something to my phone, damn...darn thing went crazy with 70s music." I hoped he didn't catch my slip up. I squatted on the stool next to him slowly. He slid a plate of pancakes and bacon to me with a tall glass of orange juice.

"How could I? Your phone requires a fingerprint." he poured some warm syrup onto my pancakes and cut a slice for me.

"That's what I know...wait.... how do you--"

He plopped the deliciousness into my mouth. I closed my eyes and chewed like a happy cow. Damn, it was good and homemade. "Mmmm Ethan, did you make these?" I was highly impressed.