Chapter 8 ~ Different

🌙

The bright sun rises over and through the buildings and skyscrapers outside of our window. I like waking up like this, it feels natural and warming. Plus when the sun shines perfectly on your favorite guys smooth tan skin, how can you hate it?

Carter's so cute when he's asleep. Probably because he doesn't look as intimidating and his mouth is closed. Laughing to myself, I run my fingers through his dark brown, slightly curly hair. His nose scrunches and his large hand moves down my side and back up underneath my shirt, resting on my hip. He's so cute.

"Carter, Honey?" I whisper softly, playing with the hairs at the nape of his neck. "You need to wake up so I can go to the bathroom."

The man is pure muscle, and trying to push him off when he's holding onto you like a kid holds a teddy bear is a workout in itself. One night we fell asleep on the couch together and I woke up to go to my bedroom. Carter just held me closer and grunted for me to stop moving. Usually I give in, but today I am not going to.
This time Carter doesn't give me as hard of a time as he opens his eyes and crawls over me. I look up into his eyes that I love so much. Slowly Carter leans in and brushes his nose against mine before placing a kiss to my neck, just below my ear. I like morning kisses.

"You smell good," I hum, dragging my fingers over his chest and to the waistband of his boxer briefs.

He shakes his head and pulls back with a low groan, sitting on the edge of the bed and looking back at me with endearment. I can't help but smile as I sit up and crawl over to him, resting my head on his shoulder and looking out to the city cast in an orange glow from the rising sun.

Only when the sun has fully risen do I move away from Carter to go to the bathroom to relieve myself and shower. After my shower, I order breakfast and put on one of the hoodies hanging up in Carter's closet until I can go to my bedroom and put on clothes.

I head downstairs in search of Carter and find him working out in the gym. Leaning against the door I watch him do hip thrusts while thinking some very, very naughty things. Two years later and my attraction to him hasn't died. But now we have a bond that's too strong to break if a more intimate relationship goes bad. Right now, I don't have to worry about Carter leaving me for another girl or cheating on me because we aren't together which means he can do whatever he wants. And so can I.

Carter stops, putting up the bar and glancing at me as he lays out his blue mat on the floor and sits down. Then he pats the empty spot between his legs as a way of telling me to come to him. With feigned reluctance, I walk over to Carter and sit down in between his legs with my back to him. He smells like sweat and usually, I don't mind it, but I've already showered this morning.

"Stretch with me."

Slowly he lifts my right arm and wraps it behind his neck holding it in place while placing the other one on his thigh and beginning to place soft kisses along my ear. "Deep breath," he whispers. I listen, paying no mind to his actions seeing as on more occasions than none Carter and I have worked out, done yoga, pilates, or other forms of exercise and meditation many times together.

"Does that feel good?" He whispers lifting up his hoodie that I have.

I nod and drop my head back as his hand continues to lift up my hoodie. My body relaxes into him, and I close my eyes as his fingers drift lower. I'm enjoying this very much. Too much.

Carter's voice meets my ear again. "Spread your legs." As if in a trance, I listen, spreading my legs wide and paying no mind to the command or the fact that I'm bare underneath. He instructs me to take another deep breath and tells me that he is going to touch me now just before his fingers come in contact with my sensitive nub.