Chapter 22 ~ Home?

Carter💙

Last night after lunch, Luna and I went home and later that evening had dinner, dessert, and a movie with Luna's aunt and uncle. We didn't go to sleep until late that night.

It's now 10 and our flight is scheduled to leave at 12 meaning, we really need to get going. We still have to take the car we rented back, then head to the bureau and make it to our flight on time. I'm dressed and all I'm waiting for is Luna. But when I step into her room, she's talking on the phone in nothing but a bra and underwear.

Leaning against the doorframe, I catch the end of the call of her telling the person on the other end that she will press charges for harassment if they keep calling. I think I can safely assume that the person on the other end is her ex.

Luna spins to me and her lips curl into a cute pout that makes me smile. She's so adorable. But right now I need to know what that phone call was about. When I ask Luna she just shakes her head and slips on the clothes laid out on the bed.

"Are you going to let me in?" I question, sitting on the bed and holding my hand out to her.

"Carter," she sighs taking my hand and stepping in between my legs. "That was my ex, he's become hostile."

"Do you want me to handle it?"

She shakes her head and leans over me, cupping my face and placing a gentle kiss on my lips. That is one way to shut me up.

We leave the house around 10:30, leaving the key where we found it. On our way to return the car, we stop by Landon's to get food. We take a cab to the bureau where we finally check out and say goodbye to Jake.
Thankfully we arrive at our flight just before they begin to start boarding. Like usual, Luna falls asleep on the plane. She's never stayed awake in the four times we've been on a plane together.

The plane lands at 2:50 and we make it out of the airport by 3:30 after getting our luggage and Luna stopping to get coffee. When we arrive home there are still many questions I have on the status of our relationship. But I don't ask the question as Luna stretches out her limbs and walks up the stairs, her ass swaying temptingly as she ascends the steps.

"I'm so happy to be back home," I hear her sigh.

Happiness fills me, knowing that she feels at home here. Two years ago she was the beautiful, crazy brat, with a mean right hook, but a very gentle personality. There's a chance I may have fallen in love with her in the first few hours of knowing her.

Five minutes later, she comes back downstairs with her purse thrown over her shoulder and her keys in her hand.

"I'm going out with Cam."

"You want me to come with you?"

"No," she says coming up to me and placing a quick kiss on my nose. "Bye."

"Have fun," I tell her.

She walks out the door with a gorgeous smile on her face.
💫

My phone rings and a picture of Luna and me pops up on my screen. I answer and can already tell that Luna is drunk when she purrs, "Hey baby" into the phone.

Immediately, I begin slipping on my shoes and grabbing my keys as I head for the elevator.

"Hey, Kit Kat," I reply, taking the elevator down to my truck.

I can already visualize her rolling her eyes at the nickname. "I'm drunk. I need you to fuck me up."

"You mean 'pick you up?"

She laughs uproariously as if what I just said was the funniest thing she's ever heard. "No Carter, I think I said it right. I want you to pin me to the wall, me...to the wall, and fuck me until I can't feel my legs."

My mind stops working for a few seconds as I sit in the drivers seat of the car.

"No seriously Carter, I can't feel my legs."

Shit. That pulls me out of my stupor and I immediately turn the truck on and pull out of the car park. I instruct Luna to tell me where she's at to discover she's in the exact same bar we went to when we first met.

"So Japanese for dinner tonight, Gumdrop?" I question to keep her talking and engaged as I rush to the bar.
N
She moans and it goes straight through the phone and to my groin. "I'll be hun—" Her words cut off mid-sentence. "What are you doing here?... Get away from me...stop...what are you doing?"

"LUNA?"

Shit. I press the gas pedal harder, picking up my speed in an attempt to make it to the bar quicker. 

I hear the sound of her phone dropping and then nothing. I call out again and receive no reply. Fuck. Fear floods my veins as I approach the bar. Her car sits in the parking lot, but I don't see her. Quickly, I hop out of the truck and move to Luna's car where I find her phone cracked on the ground.

She's gone. And I need to know what's happened.

I go into the bar and walk straight up to the bartender showing him a picture of Luna and asking if he's seen her. He nods and tells me that he took her keys and tried to call her a cab, but she said she had a friend who could pick her up. I inform him that I am the friend and she is not there.

"Do you have outside cameras?" I question.

"Yes."

"I need to see them," I grumble.

Thankfully he agrees, leading me to the back and rewinding the recording to the moment Luna left. I watch as she talks on the phone with me and a familiar guy approaches her. Anthony.

I watch Luna step back as Anthony advances then lunge for her. She fights him off and for a second I think she's going to win until Anthony hits Luna's weak spot, causing her to double over. He takes that opportunity to knock her out.

My heart races out of my chest and I feel my whole body heat up. Anger and fear course through my blood, surging me into action. I call the team immediately, despite the time. We agree to start searching for clues tonight and then discussing plans of action when we get to work tomorrow.

That night I didn't sleep at all and this morning, I didn't eat. I needed to get started on finding Luna. I spent all night looking into Luna and Anthony's past. I'm not as good with hacking and stuff, but I know a few tricks from Luna.

I will find, Luna. And when I do Anthony better run.