Chapter 13 ~ The Gala

Carter💙

No one would understand how hard it was for me to sleep across from Luna last night. Each day I swear it get's harder and harder to resist her. What happened in the kitchen shouldn't have happened, neither did the thing in the gym. My control is slipping. I have to restrain myself or I may just loose the best woman I have ever had in my life.

Looking at the time I decide we should finally get up and start getting dressed. This morning Luna had breakfast ready and after we did nothing but watch Blacklist until 6. She also didn't want to go out to get food so we ordered. Today she was more clingy than usual, staying cuddled in my arms with her legs thrown over my lap. Of course I didn't object.

But now it's time for the gala. I've slipped on the black Armani tuxedo with my shoes and watch. The more expensive the better.

"Tie or bowtie?" I ask Derek through the earpiece.

"Bowtie is more formal. Necktie is more business." Luna answers from her room.

"So which one?"

"The bowtie, idiot," Emily replies.

I nod and put on the bowtie. It's 7 when I finish everything. I slip my wedding ring on and head downstairs to wait for Luna to come downstairs. Nearly 30 minutes later, she finally graces me with her presence. And boy does she make an entrance.

She descends the stairs in a sexy red, dress that stops right at her ankles. The straight neckline accentuates her neck and breast and I have to lean against the counter so I don't fall over. A deep slit rides up her right thigh and the tight bodice emphasizes her curves.

"Someone help me," I groan pushing off the counter and making my way to meet her at the stairs.

Her gold heels click as she comes in contact with the hardwood floors and steps into my arms. "Hello, handsome."

"Hello, Dreamgirl."

She hums and bites her lip, gripping my lapels and looking into my eyes. "You clean up nice. What brand?"

"Armani," I smirk and move my hand down the curve of her back.

A soft moan leaves her lips as she drags her hands over my suit. Then her eyes fall to the ring on my finger and I remember what I have to do.

Kneeling in front of Luna, I take the ring out of my pocket and present it to her. She smiles and rolls her eyes, but I still make my proposal.

"My sweet, beautiful, Luna. In you, my life becomes whole. I found the reason to smile the day I met you—"

"Yes, idiot, now put the ring on my finger."

I laugh and stand to my feet grabbing her hand then sliding the huge rock onto her finger. I wouldn't mind seeing something like that on there every day knowing she's my wife. But now we have more pressing matters to attend to.

Lacing my fingers through Luna's, I make sure I have everything then guide her out of the door to the limo waiting for us. Luna's shock is adorable and I can't help but smile as I lead her to the door, helping her in before climbing in myself and feeling the limo driver pull off. 30 minutes later we are arriving at our destination where they've literally rolled out a red carpet.

I climb out first then help Luna out, not missing the way eyes fall onto us.

"Are you ready?" I whisper in Luna's ear.

She smiles up at me and nods. "Let's have some fun."

My eyes instantly find the person we are supposed to be meeting and Luna's eyes follow. Kissing my cheek, she whispers in my ear, "Watch me work." Then she slips away from me and walks in the direction of our target. Sadly it's not Masbourian, but he's a close connection.

I expected Luna to walk up to him, but she just brushes past him, glancing back then moving to the bar. His eyes never leave her as she pretends she doesn't want his attention.

"Good job, Baby Spice, his eyes are all on you."

"It's a shame I'm married," she sighs.

She can't be serious. "The man is twice your age."

I notice her shrug when I look in her direction. She better just be messing with me. I can't compete if she likes older guys. I'm just 27 which makes me 4 years older than her. It probably won't be enough.

I'm thinking too much into it and Luna calls me out on it as she laughs and tells me that she was just joking. What the hell is wrong with me?

Attempting to get my mind back together I decided to tease her as I take a champagne flute from a passing waiter. "So Luna what is your type?"

She giggles and shakes her head. "You're my type, Carter."

I don't get a chance to respond to that when James approaches her and steals her attention. He's the man we are here for.

"Hello, Ms.?"

"Mrs. Wild," she corrects glancing back at him.

He chuckles and slips his arm around her waist, pulling her along to the dance floor without even asking her if she wanted to dance. She of course follows, stepping out onto the dance floor and wrapping her arms around his neck as they sway to the music. James gets straight into business, even though his hands on Luna's waist are not professional. Then again we're working with criminals and they have very different standards.

"So tell me, Mrs. Wild, what can I do for you and your husband?"

She laughs and shakes her head. "I think you know what we are here for."

He chuckles and nods then changes the subject. "How can someone so young can be married?"

"What can I say? Axel intrigued me."

His hand moves down to her ass and he pulls her into him. "Mrs. Wild I can intrigue you more."

The scoff she gives him satisfies me to no end. "James you couldn't handle me."

"You'd be surprised what I can handle."

A low hum leaves the back of her throat and her next words set me off. "Mr. James, I like it rough," she whispers.

"You're a submissive."

Derek groans in my ear and I swear I'm going to strangle him when we get back. "She likes it rough? Fuck if you don't claim that, Carter, I will."

"Shut the hell up, Derek!"

"I'm just sayi—"

"Both of you shut up we need to hear the conversation," Emily cuts in.

Derek just got his ass saved. This time.

I tune back into Luna and James' conversation. I probably shouldn't have because now I'm tempted to go full caveman and haul her ass out of here.

"I'm not a submissive," she sighs. "I just like it rough. And hard. For hours on end until I'm completely satisfied. And I'm insatiable. I don't think you could handle that Mr. James."

This time James laughs and nods as if he's accepted that he can't get Luna.

"Well let us meet the man who can handle you."

She smiles and nods before looping her arm through his and leading him over to me. Now it's time for me to be Axel Wild with an insatiable, naughty wife.