Would becoming a demon be worth it?

The streets were a buzz with the living. They all chattered about happily sipping on hot cocoa and ciders wrapped in scarves with little beanies to match. All of them beautiful in their earthly tones truly a sight to behold. The smells were intoxicating seamlessly overwhelming my angelic senses. I watched them all close up, so much better than watching through the mirrors above. Their faces were always distorted, kind of like being pixelated on a TV screen.

One in particular had drawn my attention, I guess you could say I wanted to be more than just a guardian angel to him. Truly breathtaking in his ethereal beauty, the way his black sweater hung loosely on his shoulders, sleeves hanging low covering his hands aside from his fingertips. His dark skinny jeans with the knees ripped out of them lead to the black and white converse covering his feet. I longed to run my fingers through his silky dirty blonde hair and look lovingly into his warm chocolate brown eyes. Alas this visit is temporary. I'm not allowed to touch or speak to him.

His voice was enchanting drawing me closer still. The burning in my chest telling me I needed to back off. Michael told me if I gave into my temptation, I would be cast into oblivion forever a demon of my sin. A crystal tear fell down my cheek, if only I could have one day to hold hands and laugh in this cool autumn breeze with him. Would becoming a demon be worth it? Or could I stand true and watch the one I love to find a love of his own in this life. Feel my heart break when his did at any loss of a friend or loved one. To wrap him in my love from above to heal him of his sorrows. To rejoice in his happiness of a new child or a new accomplishment.

Another tear fell, I could feel myself moving closer to him still. The fire growing stronger, the smell of sulfur singeing my nose and my silk dress turning black at the seams. Resisting temptation is hard I have realized as my hand drew near to his... flecks of ash fell near me the fire burning through me.

"Please..." I begged as a pair of hands grabbed my shoulders pulling me back from the man in front of me. That sweet man walking along the street smiling happily, laughing with his friends.

"I love him..." I cried quietly.

"Little Angel... We all have a desire to love a human... Alas we would only cause them pain, driving them mad over time at the realization that they cannot be with us even after we have touched their hearts. That is why we watch from above, keeping them safe in hope that when we reach out to them in their dreams that they remember us when they pass through the gate."

"I can be his dream?"

Michael smiled happily and nodded.