Chapter 2: From Olympus to Auradon

Heidi's POV

Herkie is wearing blue studded earrings in both his ears, an opened brown sleeveless jacket, a black tank top, a golden leaf necklace around his neck, a gold bracelet with some kind of odd symbol on his right wrist, blue jeans with purple patches on them where rips should be, and brown boots on his feet. I run up to Herkie and throw myself at him as he catches me and the two of hug, I have grown very close to Herkie and now I can't imagine my life without him in it. "I missed you twinkle." Herkie says with a smile on his face as he calls me by the nickname he made up for me just before he left on his trip.

Herkie and I pull out of our hug as I look over next to him and I just roll my eyes.Next to Herkie is Pearl who I am still not talking too, Pearl is wearing a beautiful blue scarf around her shoulders, a stunning white dress with a tiny blue belt around the waist, a white chain necklace with a blue pendent, and a pair of light brown ankle high heeled boots. "Pearl." Is all I say as I incline my head towards her and I know that it hurts Herkie to see two people that mean a lot to him not getting along, but in time I think I will be able to forgive not only Harry but Pearl as well. "Nice to see you again Heidi." I just give her a weak smile and I suddenly notice two new faces behind them.

"I see that you weren't lying in your letter when you said you were not coming alone." Herkie smiles at me knowing that I am bouncing with excitement to meet another family member. Herkie steps to the side and I see two girls standing there looking around the campus. "Heidi, this is Philipa, she is the daughter of my parents closes friend Philoctetes or as we call him Phil." The girl looks over at me and I smile at her. 

Philipa has light brown hair, dark brown earrings with gold studs in the middle, alight brown long sleeve shirt, a necklace with what looks like a sliver ram pendent on it, brown colored jeans, and black ankle high heeled shoes. "It is very nice to meet you Philipa, and I hope think of Auradon as home as much you do Olympus." Philipa just smiles at me and nods her head, and I understand that everyone is nervous their first time here, but think Philipa is going to fit right in with the rest of us here at Auradon Prep.

Herkie turns his attention now to the girl with blonde hair and endless blue eyes. The girl is wearing a white shirt with a sun logo on it, she had a dark brown bags lung over her right shoulder, brown cargo shorts, and black and white sneakers on her feet. "Heidi this is Kylie Archer." I cut Herkie off before he can tell me anything else about her because I know that I have heard that name before."You're the daughter of Apollo." Kylie attention snaps to me as she looks at me with surprise. "How did you know that?" She asks and I just smile at her, "Your dad talks about you all the time, I guess you can say that he never shuts up about you." I can tell by the look in Kylie's eyes that her relationship with her dad is very damaged.

"You're the daughter of Hades?" Kylie asks looking me up and down which if you didn't really know me then you might not believe that I am the daughter of a God. "I am, but don't hold that against me." I joke which gets Kylie and Herkie to laugh, "I don't know many people that know what it is like to have parent that is a God, it is kind of nice to have Herkie and now you that I can talk to about it." Kylie just tucks a strain of hair behind her ear. "Me and my dad aren't that close, he spends most of his time here in Auradon as a teacher, but he does come to visit me when he can." From the tone of voice Kylie is using I can only assume that her relationship with Apollo is sort of like the relationship I had with my dad growing up.

"Kylie was living with our aunt Athena and her daughter." Kylie smiles at the mention of our aunt Athena, which must mean that she had a good life. "Zared and the others wanted to come, but they thought that they needed a little bit more schooling in Olympus before adventuring off to Auradon." Herkie said as I nod my head wondering just how many cousins I have. "How was your family vacation?"I ask him and a big smile comes across his face, "It was epic, there is nothing like vacationing in Olympus. You should have come with us, you always talk about visiting there one day." I sigh knowing that I should have gone but with everything going on here and dealing with my agreement with Harry about Henry,now was not the right time to be leaving.

"Next time, I promise that Henry and I will be there." I turn my attention back to Kylie who still looks very uneasy, "If it makes you feel any better Kylie, your dad is a great archery teacher, and all the kids here love him." From the look in Kylie's eyes I can tell that it means a little to her but nothing could compare to having to grow up with your dad only coming around when his schedule allowed him too. 

"Herkie, do you mind if Kylie and I talk alone?" Herkie smiles at me before shaking his head, "Not at all, I will help Philipa get settled in." Herkie kisses my forehead before he along with Pearl and Philipa walk off leaving Kylie and I by ourselves. "Am I in trouble already?" Kylie jokes and I smile at her as the two of us laugh, "I just wanted some one on one time to get to know my cousin a little better." I lightly grab Kylie's hand and start showing her the campus.