Chapter 42: Gotham's Princess

Third Person POV

Three young women wander into the empty barn, "Are you sure it is safe?" Asks the woman in the red cloak looking around the barn in concern. "Oh please would you stop being such a worrier Marla." Growls the woman in the green cloak. "Why can't we join the celebration down there? It looks like a lot of fun." The woman in the purple cloak says paying more attention to the party going on in Auradon in the distance. "We have more important things to do Samara." The woman in the green cloak snarls as she grabs Samara by her hair and drags her into the barn.

"Now listen, you two are my family and I will always love you for that, but if either of you screw this plan up I won't hesitate for a second to throw both of you to our mistress." The woman in the green cloak snaps at Samara and Marla who don't say anything while they bow their heads. "Sorry Wilhelmina." Says Marla who just rolls her eyes and turn her attention to the square in the middle of the barn. "I told you that our spell on Maleficent's scepter would work." Says Wilhelmina as an evil smile comes across her face.

"The daughter of Hades did everything for us." Wilhelmina waves her hand as an old looking book with an eye for a lock appears in her hand. "At least my worthless mother left me something important before she died." Wilhelmina growls as she opens the book and starts turning the pages. "Everything went exactly like our mistress said it would." Says Marla who looks over Wilhelmina to see what she is reading.

"Now we need to finish up the first part of the plan." Says Samara who smiles and starts spinning around in a circle. "ENOUGH!" Yells Wilhelmina causing Marla to jump back away from her and Samara to stop spinning and try to stay steady on her feet. "The time has come for phase 2, now take your places." Wilhelmina orders as she stands in the middle of the square as Marla and Samara on either side of the square. "What do we do now? Samara asks tilting her head to the side and Wilhelmina just rolls her eyes.

"Now we open the portal and let the chosen one come through." Samara looks at Wilhelmina still confused. "How do we know that whoever comes through the portal is the right one?" Marla asks fixing her hair under her hood. "The mistress said that the girl with heterochromia iridis type eyes is the chosen one, and the mistress has brought us to far to lie to us now." Wilhelmina says as she pulls a knife out from her cloak and raises it high into the air. Marla and Samara kneel as Wilhelmina slashes her hand open with the knife and blood drips down onto the square. 

"The spell is complete." The ground starts shaking as Wilhelmina jumps out the middle of the square and the portal reopens again. "We must leave now." Wilhelmina hisses as she heads for the exit. "What about the chosen one?" Asks Marla who along with Samara look into the portal. "We will officially meet her another time very soon, but for now we have done our part by unleashing something the likes that Auradon has never seen before." Wilhelmina growls as she grabs Marla and Samara by their cloaks and the three of them leave the barn as quickly as they can.

Moments after they leave someone falls through the portal. She has blond hair, her right eye is green while her left eye is purple, and she has lushes red lips. "What just happened?" The girl asks looking around confused. The girl is wearing a purple leather jacket with a red and white shirt underneath, her gun holster is on her right side, and inside the holster is a purple and black gun. "This is not home." She comments. Around her neck is a gold heart shaped locket with the engraving of 'Daddy's little monster, black fingerless gloves on her hands, in her right hand is a green baseball bat, and on her feet are green high heeled boots.

"What is this place?" The girl makes her way out of the barn and tries to find anything that could tell her where she is. "You okay? You seem a little bit lost." A shirtless Randy says trying to catch his breath from his nightly jog, "Who are you?" The girl asks raising her bat high into the air. "Easy with that thing, I am just trying to help you, my name is Randy, and I am the son of Little red riding hood." The girl looks at Randy puzzled not understand what he is saying. "Who is Little red riding hood?" Randy suddenly gives the girl the same look she just gave him.

"You never heard of my mother?" The girl shakes her head lowering her bat. "What is your name?" Randy asks taking a careful step towards the unknown girl. "My name is Hartley." Randy smiles at Hartley before wiping the sweat off of him. "Okay Hartley, it is nice to meet you. Now can you please tell me what you are doing way out here?" Hartley snarls at Randy, "I am looking for a way back home, I was walking down the street with my older brother Joris when I lost my balance and fell against a wall, then the next thing I know I am here." Hartley points her green bat the Randy.

"Where Am I?" Randy raises his hands to show Hartley he means to harm to her. "You are in a place called Auradon, now tell me where did you come from, where is your home?" Hartley makes no sudden movements. "My home is the city of Gotham." Randy looks confused because he has never heard of any place called that before. "I have never heard of a place called Gotham, maybe if you told me about your parents I could help you get back to them." Hartley suddenly swings her bat knocking randy out cold.

"My father told me to never talk about him or my mother to strangers." Hartley turns her attention to the Auradon Prep that can be seen not far from barn where she is. "I am going to find a way home if I have to destroy this Auradon to do it." Hartley places her bat over her shoulder and starts walking down a path heading straight to Auradon Prep.