Chapter 38: Sense of Love

Mars's POV

I shake my head of these conflicting thoughts as the doors of the barn open and the gang along with Heidi walk in and as I look at Eliot I can see that he still unsure on what he wants to do. "Everything is ready Heidi, and I think that we have waited long enough for our revenge." Heidi smiles at me and sits down on her homemade throne. "I just don't understand about what you said when you told us that casting this spell the wrong way would be unleashing something." Heidi and myself roll our eyes, "This spell originally opened a portal to a place far beyond our own, a place on one not even my father could understand, and a place that magic doesn't exists." Heidi looks the four of us with a grim look on her face.

 "Enough of this unpleasant trip down memory lane, it is time to put our plan into full affect." Heidi stands up from her chair and makes her way into the middle of the square. "It is time to mend the broken past." Heidi raises a dagger into the air but before anything else can happen uninvited guests show up. "STOP!" We all turn towards the entrance of the barn to see Ben, Mal, Evie, Jay, Carlos, Hadie, Harry, and Uma. "Why can't you heroes every take a day off." Heidi groans rolling her eyes, "I don't think any of you really thought this through all the way." Mal says stepping forward and when our eyes lock I see the concern for me she has.

"We know what we are doing little sister, we are going to get everything that we want, everything that was stolen from us." Mal shakes her head as tears fill her eyes, "Changing the past won't help anyone, matter of fact it will only make matters worse and ruin the lives of everyone in Auradon and from the isle." I look at Heidi who doesn't seem to have an answer before turning my confused look to my sister. "You are just trying to stop us because that is what heroes do, they try to stop the villains from success." Mal grabs my hand into her own.

"If you manage to change the past into what you want then Evie, Jay, Carlos, and myself would never be born." My body starts shaking as I erupt with laughter. "That is the whole point of this, to get the life that is owed to me." Mal tightens her grip on my hand. "Even if the four of us are never born our parents will still not love you because they don't know how to love Mars. Without the VK's and the impact that we have had not just here in Auradon but also for the Isle would never happen, you wouldn't be just changing your lives but millions of lives along with it." I feel the sense of confusion rise within my again as I struggle on what I want to do.

"The four of you would never met and become friends, the Isle would still be at war with Auradon, and you would be breaking up happy couples that just want their own happy ending." I growl at her seeing that she is only trying to play mind games with me. "LAIR!" I yell raising my hand to blast Mal with my magic but before I can Eliot jumps in front of Mal putting himself in between Mal and myself. "Don't do this Mars, Mal is telling the truth and deep down in that so called black heart of yours you know it is true." I slowly lower my hand as I lets out the biggest scream of frustration.

"We only thought about ourselves when we came up with this plan and didn't think of the impact with would have on others on both sides of the barrier." I take a couple of deep breaths feeling myself opening up for the first time in a very long time. "We can't punish others for something that we had no control over. Mal is right when she said that even if we do change the past it doesn't mean our parents will love us, and if they still refuse to love us then all of it would be for nothing." I nod my head knowing that Eliot and my sister are right. 

I'm sorry Mal." I say as Mal pushes Eliot out of the way and gives me the biggest hug I have ever gotten. "it's okay big brother, I don't blame you." I wrap my arms around my little sister as she kisses my cheek. "No one wanted or loved you before, but that is all over now because I want you here in Auradon with me, and more importantly I love you Mars." Hearing those words come from Mal and the look in her eyes as she says it gets me feeling that sense of love that I have always wanted.

"I love you too Mal." I say but our touching moment is broken up by the sound of snarling, "That was very touching and it makes me sick." I turn my attention back to Heidi, "It is over Heidi, none of us want to go through with the plan anymore, it is too dangerous to change the past." Heidi starts laughing as she pulls Charlotte to her and places the dagger at her neck. "You all might have failed but I won't, I am going to get rid of magic once and for all." Hadie steps up to Mal and whispers something in her ear,

"I am not doing that." Hadie whispers something else into her ear as Mal lets out a sigh and nods her head. "Alright, but be careful." Hadie nods his head as Mal grabs my hand and leads me out of the barn with, Evie and Eliot, Jay and Juliana, and to my surprise Ben along with Carlos and Charlotte all rush outside with us. "What is going on?" I ask turning to Mal who just stares at the barn. "Hadie wanted everyone out, he said that this is family business.