CHAPTER 4 ~ We've met again

Yherie POV

Dale's treat tonight, all of our friends are here and everybody is having fun. I got high when I'm with my friends,  we dance in whatever music played, talking out loud   and crazy laughing with each other.

"Girl, take it easy. Dale's is watching you" Lily's said.

I was going to shot a pure tequila when Lily grab my hand. They said drinking will help you forget but it's totally the opposite, your intake makes you more emotional.

"Shut up,  because you have marcus you always tease me." I said.

Dale is my dreamed guy. We'd like each other. He waited for me and even asked my parents to give him permission. He tried to talk to me when he heard the news about me getting married to Kelvin but at that time my parents didn't let him.

This is the first time I see him again. Still,  I know from the start he owns my heart.

"Mag usap na nga kayo, why hesitate?" said Lily.

"I can't" I answered.

I can't talk,  I'm afraid to talk to him. We grow distant from the day I'm introduced to the public. We're both lonely and unhappy because we can't change the situation.

Alcohol finally hits me. I can't barely stand. Dale held my hand and guided me to stand up. I just followed him when he started to walk. The ticklish feeling embraced me in instant. Later I know we're already in a quiet place away from the bar. We're just walking and enjoying how peaceful the night is. 

I've never been here before and I've never been with Dale for a long time.

"This will help you to sober" Dale said pertaining to us walking.

"Please,  let me hold your hand for a while" he added.

I just nodded, how cruel the world made us live this way. Bakit di pwede ang dawalang taong nagmamahalan? Bakit di kami pwede?

"I'm sorry"

For all the things that dissapoint him.
Sorry is the only word that I can utter.

"Don't be" he said.

We sat down in both edges of the bench. Like it was an automatic behavior to show.

"How are you?" He asked.

I look at him when he asked me and he was looking at me all the time. I want him to read what my eyes are telling him. 'I'm not okay Dale'.

"I'm okay" I answered.

He smiled. I'm too bad for him and he's here loving me. I'm selfish.

"It's good to know you're okay. Let's go back,  you need to go home" he said.

I don't want to end this night and I don't want the time to pass by. I want to be with him more,  but we both know people eyes are on me and they will misunderstood this.

We went back to the bar. I no longer take a shot of drinks and later on I just said bye to them. Dale offered to take me home but I said no because my driver is waiting outside.

"Ma'am mukang ang lungkot niyo ngayon." Mr. Lito said.

We're on our way home and Mr. Lito asked me. He noticed that I'm looking outside the window, just watching the lights of buildings covering the whole city. Everyone is happy but here I am. I realized that wealth will never satisfy true life.

"No, I'm not,  its nothing" I answered.

Some people will really feel what is hidden in your heart. The truth.

I'm about to sleep,  when I heard a sound of brakes and a loud noises like there something fall. Mr. Lito hold the wheel tightly and moves it turning the car to go on left. I can see a big truck lose its control and hitting all cars in front of it.

"Ma'am your seatbelt, hold tight." He said.

Mr. Lito is trying to move the car away from the direction of the truck but there are more cars blocking our way. The big truck is about to hit our car too, that moment I knew,  'Just help us survive' I close my eyes and I felt the truck bumped our car.

Dale is Yherie's boy bestfriend but they ended up having feelings with each other.

Yherie is not into relationships when she's still studying.

Lily has a crush on Dale but ended up to Marcus.