CHAPTER 6 ~ Wake up

Yherie POV

Dark,  its dark. I tried to move my hand. I tried to make a sound but there something in my mouth. What is this?

"Anak,  Yherie"

Mom?  its mom's voice. I heard her calling a doctor,  saying that I'm awake. I try again to open my eyes but  it's too bright.The doctor took off the oxygen mask that hinder me to talk easily then, he check me, he asked my name and other basic questions.

"Great job,  Yherie" the doctor said.

I smiled. Right,  I survived the accident. I have bandage on my head, and fractured my arm.

I've been unconscious for 12 hours my mom said. She's really worried and keep on telling me to wake up.
Here I am,  alive.

My hospital room is big,  there's a sofa inside where Kelvin is sitting right now. He's been looking at me.

Aawayin na naman niya ako nito.

After a long hours of taking care of me our parents said bye to us and they said they will visit me tommorow. Kelvin is still here and never went outside since I noticed his presence. I didn't say a word to him because he maybe starts to scold me.

He's there sitting with cross arm while closing his eyes. Maybe he's sleeping. Let him be.

White shirt makes him looks pure. A perfect definition of a neat guy. Alongside of businessman image he remained as a  simple man behind the glamour.

He's rocking all clothes that he wears. Even it's too plain.

Kung hindi lang dahil sa ugali niya. 

His time is important and works comes first before others. He's too hands on and that explained his net worth.

"What is it? " he suddenly spoke.

He then open his eyes,  I look away on instant. I just can't believe that Kelvin is here when he's on travel for work.

"You're hungry?" he asked.

"No" I answered.

Then the room filled with silence, I glance at him,  he's reading something in his phone. Then he look at me again. He catched me looking at him. I tried to look away when he started to talk.

"I need to hold a press'con" he said.

From that I know , he's been bombarded with many questions and request sent to him. Media are definitely asking him to give a statement about my situation.

"What did the Doctors said? I asked.

Pertaining to the Doctors public statement to the media.

"I told them not to do it." he answered.

Then Kelvin will launch a Press'con. For me, my situation is not really important but the idea that I'm a wife of a well known businessman is probably a news worthy.

Reporters of every news station are present in the Press'con. Kelvin enter the room and proceed in front. A long table and chairs is prepared for him. Everyone seems ready,  Kelvin right there is sitting. In a minute the Press'con starts.

A man went on stage. He's probably the emcee in the Press'con. Watching this scene in the television here in my hospital room is so new to me.

"Good morning everyone, welcome, this is the Press Conference for Mr. Kelvin Perez Goro,  Founder and the President of Goro ITech Industry. You may ask questions that you prepared. We the management reminds everyone to fully be aware of the guidelines and follows proper order to make this event successful. Thank you. " the emcee said.

"Good morning, you may start to ask me." Kelvin said.

He point out reporters to ask him. He seems relaxed. Well he's used to this, facing people and handling questions.

"Good morning Sir, my questions is about Mrs. Goro. Can we know about the update of her condition?" a reporter asked.

"Good day too,  well I'm glad that my wife condition is perfect, you don't need worry,  she's already conscious." Kelvin answered.

"Are you planning to take legal action to the truck driver and the company behind this accident?" a reporter asked.

"Laws are made for us to use it, that's my answer, next question." Kelvin answered.

He's  planning to sue them. There are also families who already file a case in PNP.

There's a lot of questions and Kelvin keep on answering them. The Press'con is broadcast live in TV. I hope it will end soon.

Another question ask,  they allow one more question before it ends. There are still reporters raising hands. Hoping that they will choosen. Kelvin finally choose the last reporter to ask him.

"Is it true that your out of the country and your not aware about Mrs. Goro had an accident?" another reporter asked.

"Your late knowing the news?" he added.

"Yes it's true that I'm not here in Philippines when the accident happened. I'm thanking everyone that concerned about my wife.News are brought out to the world in a second and it reached me even I'm half of the earth away from my wife." Kelvin said.

"Nevertheless, I'm saddened that this accident happened. Let me take this opportunity to send my condolences to the family affected and loss their love ones to this unwanted accident." Kelvin added.

That ends the Press'con  he said thank you to all people present in the event. Marshall escorted him to go out in the room.

I started to know Kelvin when I'm in highschool because he's all over the news. And he's one of the famous bachelor in the city.  But never in my mind that I'll marry this old man.

Kelvin build his own empire at age of 24.

Yherie almost died at the accident but the family hide this to the public. The critical scene of saving Yherie's life is still confidential.