Chapter 8

You wake up to pain as your captor drags you right over a sharp rock protruding from the earth. When you yelp, the moving stops, and he looms over your face. Letting go, he continues on without you. You take the chance to abruptly sit up, look around, and notice he has left you boundless.

You stand and start to run in the opposite direction, eager to find a way out of the woods. You run until your lungs burn and you have to lean against a tree to catch your breath.

Was it always this long of a run? You didn't understand how you were running for a long period of time, yet more trees appear in the distance.

Your mind really blew once you begin to run for LONGER, but the only place you get is in front of your captor.

What?

"You done yet?" he stutters, and you can just FEEL the smirk growing behind his mask.

Furrowing you're brows, you turn around and run again, yet even after twenty minutes of running, you're facing his back. This time, his arms were crossed, and he spun around to face you.

"Hmmm, what could be happening? Is this an endless forest? Possibly. Or maybe you need another round of running, I assume." he snickers, and continues on into nothing.

The lump in your throat keeps you from a response, and you follow the man for another round through the endless forest. Surprisingly enough, every tree looked exactly the same and, after what seemed like an hour of walking, you grow frustrated. Your chest felt heavy with anger and you just wanted to crawl back into the hole of a home you came from.

"Wanna enlighten me on whatever the hell is going on?" you sneer, trying to hold back the urge to whack this guy over the head.

"Nothing is going on," he sighed, "but I can feel your anger and it isn't welcome. Just follow your perfect lil captor, would ya?" he cracks his neck, and you can't help but notice the growing stutters in his speech.

You carry on with silence until another hour passes by. Your head is pounding and your feet hurt. You hate this. You'd rather die. Why can't you die? Why'd you have to be so goddamn afraid? This would not have happened if you managed to end it all.

You sigh and dramatically drop your shoulders. Without realizing, you managed to slump against a tree and sulk. Your eyes haze over, focusing on nothing. Everything feels numb and you can't seem to pull yourself up off the ground. More sulking, more of your brain hurting. You feel your chest now filling with tension, as you know you want to cry. Everything keeps getting worse, your nightmares come true, and it's all your fault.

"Uhm, what do you think you're doing?" you feel a sharp object poke your cheek, but you felt no reason to give even a mere glance.

"Uhhhh, hello," another poke, then your view is blocked, "no rest stops, dude, we have things to do." more poking.

It's not until your cheek begins to feel raw that you snap out of it. You do a quick neck turn, grab the stick in the bother's hands, and snap it in half. Standing, you flick the sticks his way and shoo him forward. You watch his eyebrows raise right as he turns around and carries on.

"What are we looking for."

"Nothing."

"Tell me,"

"Nothing?"

"Tell. Me."

"We're looking for nothing?"

You practically feel the steam protruding from your eyes and nose at this point. Who does he think you are?

"Tell me and I won't kick your ass right here right now." you throw in a small sarcastic giggle just for kicks.

"Literally nothing. It's impossible to LOOK for it, but when you're lost, you're bound to come crawling back to it," he chuckles back, and gives a shrug, "you wouldn't be able to kick my ass if you wanted to." you frown.

With a small 'aha', he catches your attention. You're met with a run down shack, and immediately feel uneasy.

"No, I can't." you wave your hands in disapproval.

"Yep. You're going to," he laughs, and grips onto your wrist as he pulls you in.

Just as you step in, static litters your vision, and the noise drowns you.

When the static dissolves, you're not in the shack anymore, but now in a house. Still rundown, but a bit more manageable to say the least. Almost as if someone set up camp rather than moved in, with obvious signs of timed vacancy in every corner.

The hand on your shoulder startles you, and your spun around to meet the man who dragged you here. He simply gives a thumbs up, and disappears behind a door.

Observing your surroundings, you find that your in a makeshift living room, a new couch in the middle, new TV, and even a rug, but cobwebs and dust everywhere else. There are a few doors, one to the kitchen, another to a dining room, and the other to the bathroom. Each one as furnished as the living room, with the bare minimum being new. A staircase also led to a few more rooms, presumably bedrooms, but every single one of these rooms held nothing but the cobwebs, dust, and new furniture.

This man left you completely alone.